Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Everton V Bolton

Eddie

Enough players is normally a good start for a manager in the Premiership. He can pick 18 players. Least he can do is make sure we have 11 in their correct position and not 9 like we had today. He tried to bring more in but failed.

Dress it up how you want - but does Megson get the blame in your eyes at all for picking the wrong side or for not bringing more players in? Or is it always someone else's fault?

It's not as easy as you suggest getting players in.

We made bids for Veloso, Morrison, Menendes, and Sean Davies, which we know about and enquired after others such as Bullard, etc.

Before you tell me that they did not come to Bolton because of Megson or the money we were prepared to pay - Kaka could have had a ?500,000 per WEEK but was not interested in going to City.

We have to live within our means - and that means getting the best we can afford who are prepared to come to Bolton.

Yes, Megson makes mistakes - but don't you?

You are one who always criticises him for being negative. Today he picked a side to have to wide midfielders - to feed an old fashioned centre forward - that wasn't negative was it?

It didn't work. At least he gave it a try though.

Maybe you would have been happier if he had not bothered and tried for a 0-0 game - somehow I doubt it.

You criticise him for being negative - you criticise him for trying to be positive.

He can't really win with you can he?

Oh and speaking of being negative what were you predictions for our last three matches in which we?ve got four points?

Blackburn v Bolton 2-0 (Allardyce smug)

Bolton v Tottenham 0-1 (Harry smug)

Everton v Bolton 2-0

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators
Enough players is normally a good start for a manager in the Premiership. He can pick 18 players. Least he can do is make sure we have 11 in their correct position and not 9 like we had today. He tried to bring more in but failed.

Dress it up how you want - but does Megson get the blame in your eyes at all for picking the wrong side or for not bringing more players in? Or is it always someone else's fault?

ermm, did i not say above i'd start basham before aob at full back?

fwiw, id not have moved steinnson, but plenty on the tinternet have called for it

they'll be conspicuous by their absence, now

Lets face it, Megson tried something a bit different and it didnt come off. If people are blaming that/him for losing they are deluded, we could of played any formation today and we wouldnt of won. The players played absolutley shit end of story, Megson cant sub/change all 11.

Bottom line is Basham should have played in midfield

As soon as I heard the team I thought 'oh dear, what's gone on there'

I hate it when managers make these kind of mistakes

I can understand he didn't want too much inexperience on the pitch but O'Brien has been making mistakes at CB and putting him to full back was just stupid

What really gets me is that we are such pushovers away to the top half dozen sides, I think we just sit back WAY too much in these games

for f*cks sake lets keep it simple.

is our squad big enough? no

does our squad have enough quality? 1-11 probably but couple injuries and suspensions we struggle

now this is my main fcukin gripe why oh fcukin why did we sell nolan?

did he need to move on for his and our sakes? probably, but not now - IN THE BASTERD SUMMER

we are fcukin short and we sell one of our senior players

and dont give me this shit about being a bigtime charlie

evens is getting right on my fcukin tits for the "give us credit for window shopping" what the cnuting hell is all that about?

if people want to have a legitimate go at megson then so be it, it doesnt necessarily make them a idiot or in the mugson out brigade.

iam not right keen on megson for numerous reasons but i acknowledge he has done some good things in very difficult circumstances but he has dropped some right bollocks and people have the right to air their view and today he dropped bollocks

our next six matches are crucial i think we need at least 11 points

one last point why has megson been hated by a lot of fans everywhere he has managed?

THAT was too bad to believe and was completely unexpected after last week.. I prefer to see it this way- sometimes when you just dont start a game well things just dont improve.You just never get going. We just werent at it today. Megsons tactics which amounted to allowing the Everton full backs the full length of the pitch wasnt good but too many players (8/9) had a shocker and just couldn't snap themeselves out of it.

The alternative explanation is too horrible to contemplate- we really are that shite. If the alternative is correct we could well get relegated

Fair enough gents, it's not black and white love/loathe Megson so I'm sure we can see both sides. Very disappointing to be playing a centre back at right back and a right back at right midfield considering it's the best league in the world with so much talent out there yet we can't put out a side playing in their correct positions.

• Moderators
Reet, you mods and admin, you have the authority (cos you can) to ban people, I suggest that these nobbs that keep coming on here doing nowt but slating BWFC and the management etc get banned, f?ck 'um, constructive criticism, YES, outright negativity - F?CK OFF

Thats their opinion, which they are entitled to.

Its a message board.

When I heard the team today I thought we would struggle. I can see the idea behind steinson in mid but ive always thought he would be better playing there in the 451. I would have played Basham before AOB whether he played in mid or right back. AOB is always going to get isolated at right back.

Whilst Im not in the pro Megson group fair play for trying to go and make it an open game after their game midweek just we didnt start well and gave them to much of the ball with Makakula being a big culprit.

But i cant understand why nothing changed maybe in 1st half but def at half time!! And I def dont understand this 6 on the bench nonsense!!

• Members

Don't go with all this negative shiyte. Everton were superb and we were very under par.

Have to say that I don't see a future in the Prem for AOB. Workmanlike at centre back but prone to very costly mistakes. Watch the replay - the fuzzy haired fcuker was already going down before contact was made but AOB still had to clatter him. Championship standard CB.

I listened to GM's post-match interview on Manc Radio.

He admitted we were sh*t from the 1st minute and never got going. I don't understand why he didn't make changes as soon as he realised that.

He said we hadn't been able to train all week. What - no all-weather pitch or indoor area at Euxton or Lostock or the Reebok ? Couldn't hire somewhere ? I'm baffled as to what he meant.

He didn't seem happy about Ricky's late injury .... so if Jamaica have a game this week, Ricky won't be fit enough to go (I sincerely hope).

He gave the impression that so many players played badly, which he couldn't understand, that I guess any substitutions wouldn't have had much effect.

He also added that if we continue to play so badly, we'll be relegated.

I felt well cheered up.

Let's hope we start winning more of those winnable games we keep hearing about (like last weekend).

GM on BWFC website post-match :-

"We wanted to stay solid and we thought that with Everton having played for two hours on Wednesday, if we could take the initial sting out of the fact that they were at home, then we could go on from there but we didn't have anybody playing anywhere near like they can."

That's worrying.

"The team that would have started would have included Ricardo Gardner. He trained yesterday with no ill-effects but he woke up this morning and said that his knee was sore. We changed it and we hadn't got anybody else to bring into the squad at this late hour."

That's frightening.

Let's hope we start winning more of those winnable games we keep hearing about (like last weekend).

I'm on the fence about Megson

But (touch wood) we have been winning enough 'winnable' games

It's the tougher games we are capitulating in

I think it comes down to survival mentality - which was fine when he came in, still is now I guess, but sooner or later needs to change

in fairness the has been no damage really from todays result apart from our goal against column

west brom, stoke, bburn, pompey, boro all lost today aswell so we haven't been caught up particularly

3 or our next 4 games are at home plus stoke away and west brom

all 5 are potentially winnable games. if we could be west ham and newcastle then that would gives us a great deal of confidence and momentum to go on and have a decent run

all 3 home games are definately winnable. stoke away will be tough but they have a number of players injured and suspended so could be a good time to play them as well

with the two week break our players should be well rested and we'll hopefully have the likes of elmander and mccann back from injury which will provide experience and competition

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.