Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

That Edl March In Manchester.

OK, before the fuggy haze really kicks in, after what was a mellow evening: I'll don my moderator's hat once more.

You got a warning for posting this:

http://www.wanderersways.com/forum/index.p...st&p=628582

an illogical rant in the middle of a football thread. A strange comment that was picked up by more than one other poster on here.

I apologise for calling the alleged rapists white trash: they're obviously not trash in your eyes, you think the rape of a teenager is acceptable?

Over to you, as it were.

Aye ok that was one silly beer fuelled comment and deserved a warning. wasnt on about that one. No rape is acceptable so no need to put words in my mouth - but its ok for you to accuse whites of that is it, and i can't say apparently the pakistanis deal the drugs round there and get warned for it. that's the thing nowadays, you can say anything about english but mention a pakistani and its all a major thing

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No answer to my comment says it all..just a load of hypocrites the admin on here.

Now, I'm not a "mod" or anything to do with the running of the site, but I am a regular contributor to the site, so I fell I should have a say. I don't know anything about you Jiminiho, but when I click on the link above, I see that you have posted a seemingly random racist statement. In fact, I even notice that I commented on it at the time, strangley though I don't remember it, probably because it doesn't warrant taking up brain space

• Site Supporter
Depends on whether you think the increasing activities of extreme Islam will lead to a final conflagration or whether you believe they'll just achieve a relatively bloodless coup.

Personally, I can't see us rolling over without a fight. That will be the time you'll need to choose a side.

sounds ridiculous to me.

whatever side you think you're on

Aye ok that was one silly beer fuelled comment and deserved a warning. wasnt on about that one. No rape is acceptable so no need to put words in my mouth - but its ok for you to accuse whites of that is it, and i can't say apparently the pakistanis deal the drugs round there and get warned for it. that's the thing nowadays, you can say anything about english but mention a pakistani and its all a major thing

Ok, firstly you admit to a racist post. That's what you got a warning for. So you really can't complain about it.

You objected to me saying the words white trash: why is that so objectionable?

I didn't accuse any whites of doing it. Read my post properly if you must quote me: I said that I heard they were white.

You got a warnng for something you've already admitted was wrong.

I may be many things: read my signature (that's what one of ex-posters called me), but I'm no hypocrite, nor will i tolerate you calling me one without defending myself.

If you don't like the way we run things round here, nobody's making you stay.

Now it's time to get back to what I was doing before you rudely interrupted my evening.

• Members
according to some :pardon:

You really see no threat eh? Everything is champagne and roses. Bombs in the underground erased from the memory banks?

Google Neville Chamberlain. He was also convinced that the dark clouds forming in the east were no threat.

Thankfully, the man who followed him was made from the right stuff.

Edited by bolty58

• Site Supporter
You really see no threat eh? Everything is champagne and roses. Bombs in the underground erased from the memory banks?

Google Neville Chamberlain. He was also convinced that the dark clouds forming in the east were no threat.

Oh great, let's have another World War.

Now, I do wonder (and this is no criticism, as I hope you know) do you feel more patriotic because you ae "exiled" - I love your posts, and I love your devotion to Bolton and England, and once or twice, I've wondered do I feel as strongly as you do. On reflection, of course I do, I am as proud as any man to come from Bolton (England is different, as most of my family is from Belfast) - but non the less, I am Bolton and Lancs through and through. Do you think you have become more passionate since you moved away.

• Members

CWP - you do have a point and I have said as much previously. I was always patriotic - followed England; never understood those who wanted Scotland and Ireland to do well in World Cups when we weren't there when they would buy opposition shirts to support our opponents etc.; feel emotional at the sight of our Queen; well up a little at the sound of our national anthem or Jerusalem etc. I admit to all of that. As you suggest, once you leave, everything comes into clearer focus and you do realise what a marvellous place that little dot on the globe is. Its influence is everywhere through language; commercial and political systems; football; fashion; cutting edge in the music scene. You soon learn that the reason they all seem to hate us is because of the size of our influence versus the size of our nation. In truth, there is a strong but grudging respect. So, yes, my particular patriotism has been made more acute. Don't get me started about Bolton. How do you think I acquired the nickname after about one month here? 'Strewth Bruce, does this galah ever shut the f?ck up about Bolton and Boltoners?'

Does any of this make me a bad person? If so, I don't give a f?ck.

Alf - no, I detest the thought of another World War. I am hoping that the actions of the Allies in Afghanistan and Iraq may prevent this. I will be honest though, I am very wary of the enemy within. If you count out basket cases like P'akistan and Iran I believe that this is where our biggest threat lies. So, no, I don't want to see WWIII. Can we just have a harmless little 'housekeeping' exercise at home and eradicate those who would harm us?

I do not class myself as racist, but I must say I that the growth of the Islam and the ever increasing numbers of Islamic fundamentalism is causing me great concern, I feel the government has gone weak on controling this dangerous side of Islam here in the U.K. and we the indigenous population are sleepwalking into a potentially catastrophic situation. Muslim's are out breeding the native English population and there will become a tipping point where we are not the majority, many think that Enoch Powell got it all wrong and I sincerly hope he did, but the worry for me is that maybe people thought he made his speech in reference to the afro-caribean influx in the 50s and 60s and that danger was proven generally wrong, or could it have been possible that he was referring to the rise of Islamic fundementalism?

Edited by Mounts Kipper

What religious fundementalism are the EDL referring to here? I live on Halliwell Rd and there's a huge Asian population. I've lived here fir years, except for a few years travelling. Not once in my entire life, have I heard, seen or witnessed something that could even be suspected of religious fundementalism. I hear people every day talking about this 'clash of civilisations' and 'war of ideologies' and how 'the east and the west of incompatible'. Then I look out of my window. I see

my Pakistani neighbour washing his car who smiles and waves hello, I wave back and he laughs because the water from the sponge has splashed over his robes. Next I walk down to the paper shop, past Mallu's who says hi and into the paper shop near the mosque. I buy a paper, have a bit of banter about the weather and return home to read that I'm soon going to have to choose sides in some sort of psuedo religious civil war.

It's not going to happen. What you have is two sets of I'll educated, badly informed and disfnfranchised young people who both like having a bit of a ruck. If they weren't fighting about this, they'd be football hooligans or mods and rockers or one of the countless other youth cultures which have been based on belonging to a crowd and having some kind if symbolism to give legitimacy to what they do. Same thing here, just fast forward 20 years.

Once, when I was in Thailand, there was a march by the red shirts, down one of the main streets of the city, protesting at the government. I rode passed it on the bus, and, true enough, one section of one street did look pretty hairy. When I got back to my room, I switched on my tv and couldn't believe what I was seeing. BBC News was reporting it like the whole of Thailand was in ruins, civil war having broken out, and was rerunning stock footage again and again to show how deadly it had become. Meanwhile, I was sat about 4 streets away, eating my pad thai and having a beer with a few locals whi were, like the rest of the country, wondering what the fuss was about!

I'd like to end my point with a quote which I think sums up quite nicely what's happening here at the moment.....

"Why of course the people don't want war. Why would some poor slob in a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece? Naturally the common people don't want a war: neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in Hermany fir that matter. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it's a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Herman Goering

• Members
What religious fundementalism are the EDL referring to here? I live on Halliwell Rd and there's a huge Asian population. I've lived here fir years, except for a few years travelling. Not once in my entire life, have I heard, seen or witnessed something that could even be suspected of religious fundementalism. I hear people every day talking about this 'clash of civilisations' and 'war of ideologies' and how 'the east and the west of incompatible'. Then I look out of my window. I see

my Pakistani neighbour washing his car who smiles and waves hello, I wave back and he laughs because the water from the sponge has splashed over his robes. Next I walk down to the paper shop, past Mallu's who says hi and into the paper shop near the mosque. I buy a paper, have a bit of banter about the weather and return home to read that I'm soon going to have to choose sides in some sort of psuedo religious civil war.

It's not going to happen. What you have is two sets of I'll educated, badly informed and disfnfranchised young people who both like having a bit of a ruck. If they weren't fighting about this, they'd be football hooligans or mods and rockers or one of the countless other youth cultures which have been based on belonging to a crowd and having some kind if symbolism to give legitimacy to what they do. Same thing here, just fast forward 20 years.

Once, when I was in Thailand, there was a march by the red shirts, down one of the main streets of the city, protesting at the government. I rode passed it on the bus, and, true enough, one section of one street did look pretty hairy. When I got back to my room, I switched on my tv and couldn't believe what I was seeing. BBC News was reporting it like the whole of Thailand was in ruins, civil war having broken out, and was rerunning stock footage again and again to show how deadly it had become. Meanwhile, I was sat about 4 streets away, eating my pad thai and having a beer with a few locals whi were, like the rest of the country, wondering what the fuss was about!

I'd like to end my point with a quote which I think sums up quite nicely what's happening here at the moment.....

"Why of course the people don't want war. Why would some poor slob in a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece? Naturally the common people don't want a war: neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in Hermany fir that matter. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it's a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Herman Goering

Oi, country bollocks - I have a photo of thee in a mosque with some reet dodgy looking characters so your opinion can't be taken as impartial ;)

We can all dig out quotes to back up our particular views. Who said "Complacency and apathy amongst our enemy are all we need as the signals to strike"?

I would suggest this is apt in your case if you want to live in the blissful microcosm of Halliwell Road and ignore the deeds of Messrs Tanweer and Hussain from Leeds; Mr. Sidique Khan from Dewsbury and Mr. Lindsay from Aylesbury. There are 52 reasons to remember these names.

We having a march against catholiscim next week?

Nutters are nutters regardless of religion, marches like this only serve to fuel the fire of the Fundamentalist recruiters.

'You're born in this country and are hated from birth'

Like Kent i've never come across this 'enemy within' or any need to 'pick sides' in the future.

It's all well and good to get these ideas sat thousands of miles away taking snippets from the news and hearsay.

Actually living here i'm yet to see anything worthy of marches in manchester

Members of EDL, who were protesting against Islamic extremism, said the police "had acted fairly" and they "had managed to get their point across".

Tommy Robinson, spokesman for the party, said: "I think we proved a lot during the protests.

"We had people from all backgrounds, black, Asian and white on our side - we are not against Islam we are against extremists.

_46528782_008101560-2.jpg

others saying 'no more mosques' if that's not anti islam i don't know what is

dunno why but picture 17 made me chuckle.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/new...t_in_manchester

Oi, country bollocks - I have a photo of thee in a mosque with some reet dodgy looking characters so your opinion can't be taken as impartial ;)

We can all dig out quotes to back up our particular views. Who said "Complacency and apathy amongst our enemy are all we need as the signals to strike"?

I would suggest this is apt in your case if you want to live in the blissful microcosm of Halliwell Road and ignore the deeds of Messrs Tanweer and Hussain from Leeds; Mr. Sidique Khan from Dewsbury and Mr. Lindsay from Aylesbury. There are 52 reasons to remember these names.

Aye, agreed! But if you live in a country of 65 million people, there's always going to be a tiny percentage of not rights wanting to blow up some poor innocent. My point is, that having a few hundred neo Nazis marching through Manchester town centre isn't going to change the minds of a couple of brainwashed sociopaths dreaming up ways of blowing people up. The majority of people marching with the EDL aren't marching because they're concerened about 'the rise of radical islamism', they're marching because they 'hate pakis' and are up for having a fight. Same as the Asian lads on the other side, they're marching because they hate 'hate honky's' and are up for having a fight.

I can't see what these people are trying to achieve? I think their intentions are questionable at best.

I can't see some bloke who's trying to put some bombs together in a house somewhere around the country, seeing the EDL march on TV and thinking to himself 'Actually, they do have a point. How can I safely dispose of this garden fertiliser and these batteries'.

We'll always differ on this point. I think, if you want to make atrocities like 7/7 less likely to happen again, then try to address the underlying causes and work with the vast majority of moderates on both sides. Bombing 7 shades of shit out if the countries accused if harbouring terrorism is highly counterproductive in the long term.

About the pictures in the mosque. I had a brillint time that day. Had about a 3 hour chat with an Imam from Saudi Arabia about the world and the problems were facing. He made us sone delicious food and drinks and didn't try to dodge any questions. In fact, his opening gambit was, 'ok, I know you're wanting to ask me about 9/11, so ask me any questions you have'. Top bloke! Although I was forced to dress like Joseph in a nativity!

Well there won't be, because the modern day left is totally morally bankrupt.

Instinctively I'm a bit of a lefty and part of the reason for that is that I have no time for politics and religion being mixed, I oppose totalitarianism in all its forms and don't all at fear people who look different to me and come from different places. So as a person who doesn't like fascism with a decently set moral compass, I am dismayed as to why there is no-one on the left apart from one or two blogs and writers who are prepared to be vocal about its opposition to the Islamic blend of fascism. And so the likes of the EDL carry out protests which really should be carried out by the left. The left needs to take on ownership of the anti Islamic fundamentalist cause. However, I suspect that there is more chance of clodding a boomerang away.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.