Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 0 Scum 4

sceptical 2-2 with them gettinga 97th min equalizer to which gray neville taunts the crowd and big e runs on and smacks the bastard. OOOOhhh i woke up so 1-3 but a decent display to give the troops something to shout about.

Welcome on here Skippy.

BTW my record v united is been 11, lost 8 and drawn 3....................

• Members

I'm sure it will be similar to Boltys accent - he's a Perth lad.

Aye reet - if he speyks like me he'll be sound. Nice to see someone choose us over big 4 even if he has family reasons.

Which part of Oz, Clarky?

Edited by bolty58

Aye reet - if he speyks like me he'll be sound. Nice to see someone choose us over big 4 even if he has family reasons.

Which part of Oz, Clarky?

I'm from Melbourne. Where's the fun in following a team that wins every week? :P

• Site Supporter

Getting a bit nervous now, just had good pre match s**g off the wife who also told me she will drive today so i can have a few beers :drinks: HAPPY DAZE

Did you do her from the back?

Sorry wrong site... :whistle:

Me being a tourist anyway...

(it's a double thumbs down)

Thumbs up or down.... get the photo of that shite place off this site please. It has no place on here.

Edited by snackum

Just back from the game on a day which started in Singapore. Obviously the scoreline flattened them but there was a spell around the hour mark at 0-1 when Coyle should have taken Elmander and Cohen off and replaced them with Klasnic and Taylor. Elmander didn't win anything off Vidic and never looked like scoring. Though it was pretty much likewise Davies and Evans. It was crying out for a finisher like Klasnic, I actually said OC will wait till the second goes in then make the subs. Wilshere is not a left winger and although he's so left-footed, a role in the centre is better for him.

Tactically, we got it wrong with Utd having 5 across midfield and Cohen largely anonymous. Scholes and Giggs hardly broke sweat and had so much time on the ball. We needed some solidity in the centre like Mark Davies alongside Muamba.

Elsewhere, Ricketts had a poor game unlike recent performances.

On the whole, disappointing having matched them for an hour but quality showed in the end and more tactical nous might have resulted in a different story. Utd I felt were for the taking today.

Right, a few bevvies then early night

I thought Elmander had a better game than Davies.

Elmander had a few efforts on goal and played with a lot of effort. Davies did his usual grafting, but today he was rather dawdling on the ball, trying unneeded back heels, flicks and fancy stuff, he isn't that kind of player, i would rather he holds the ball and wait for a pass, he's strong enough to do so, but i feel he tries to do things he's not capable of. I thought he went down a lot also, like just falling to the floor when hardly touched.

The 1st half reminded me of Man City away, quite comfortable, then a shocking mistake from our left back [Robinson v Man City for their pen] and then in the last minute of the 1st half we give Cohen[ as we did v City] the chance to smash the freekick, why? he hit the wall against City from that area and he did the same again?!? i know Cohen started the season well and got a few goals, but he doesn't seem to do much now, to many silly tackles for my liking.

Wilshire was our man of the match, created chances for both Elmander and Muamba[that was a great save, very unlucky] and linked well with our other players. Ricketts struggled in the 2nd half against Nani, letting him to skin him twice and claim 2 assists.

Jussi didn't have that much to do, he saved well from Berbatov in the 1st half, he still spilled it though for a corner, then when Fletcher shot he pushed it straight to Berbatov, i think he tried to hold the ball, but a keeper with his experience should be holding it or pushing it away from danger, 3rd goal was quite simple, poor defending, 4th you could say Jussi went down a little to much.

Samuel really messes up, i could understand if he was under a lot of pressure, but he had time to smash the ball away, instead he just side foots it in to the bottom corner, what was he thinking? a side foot there???!??! put you're foot through the ball. Man Utd had a lot of the ball in the 1st half but we really didn't look like conceding!!

Forget the 2nd half, Samuel has cost us this game, i hope he apologise to his team mates, he gets a chance to get left back back and he does that !! pathetic!

Edited by DidledeeBwfc

Not a lot to add really.

Usual disappointing Whites v big team performance. Made 50x worse because it is them and some of us live in Oxford and work in Ireland where this bollox franchise football crap means I cop shed loads of abuse off no marks for days.

Ferguson abused ref at half time and will get away with it.

Only hope is that the post match dancing produced some good winning scores

Upto the second goal I really thought we were the better side, Heads dropped when they got it.

Samuel was poor without the super goal he scored and Ricketts does struggle at this level

Elmander should have scored with the scores 0-0 but he ran it wide and his angle shot was easy to save.

Hate that red (or yellow and green) scum

We are not safe yet and need points from Villa game or its going to get a very neavy end to the season

COYWM

Upto the second goal I really thought we were the better side, Heads dropped when they got it.

Samuel was poor without the super goal he scored and Ricketts does struggle at this level

Elmander should have scored with the scores 0-0 but he ran it wide and his angle shot was easy to save.

Hate that red (or yellow and green) scum

We are not safe yet and need points from Villa game or its going to get a very neavy end to the season

COYWM

Far from safe by any stretch of the imagination. Reading went down with 36 in 08 when looking safe at the same point as we do. Without being too negative cannot see where next points are coming from - Villa (smarting from today or confidence fcuked?), Chelsea away and Stoke away. Not a good run.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.