Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

This 'ere Howard Webb

Burndens Bogs

Well done to him for getting the final anarl that..........but,

i hope he lets the game flow,and keeps his cards in his pocket - rather than try and be the star of the show and ruin the game.

I saw his parents being interviewed on gmtv this morning - kinell, Howard Webb actually looks older than his own parents. :blink: Just weird.

I think it's a good appointment.

He and his liners have got just about every close decision right, he's not been handing cards out left right and centre, and has put the con artists in their place. and he handled the fallout from the lampard 'Goal' very well too when being interviewed.

However:

I hope he carries this form into the premiership next season, as he has been dogshit on a few occasions when reffing us previously

he has been far and away the best ref ive seen at this world cup precisely because he has let games flow. I dont think he'd the graham "look at me" poll type.

Still gonna boo the cunt next season! Bald twat! :thumbsup:

Don't worry, it's a WC Final, so he'll do something wrong.

By the way, as Holland are playing and it's an English referee, I'll give it 180 seconds from kick off before that tosser John Motson mentions the word "omen" as he does in every match.

I am praying that "Motty" has a heart attack befoe half time, only for the reason that he is a dullard who is obsessed with "omens"

• Members

Don't worry, it's a WC Final, so he'll do something wrong.

By the way, as Holland are playing and it's an English referee, I'll give it 180 seconds from kick off before that tosser John Motson mentions the word "omen" as he does in every match.

I am praying that "Motty" has a heart attack befoe half time, only for the reason that he is a dullard who is obsessed with "omens"

The last time an English referee did a Dutch World Cup Final game, he gave them a penalty in the opening minutes. The 180 seconds might be on the mark for Mr. Webb to do summat.

Ive always been of the opinion that H Webb thinks the crowd have turned up to see him and not the footballers.

Just as an aside,Ladbrokes are offering.....

5/2 any player to be sent off

4/1 any player to be booked for "simulation"

10/1 Howard Webb to fall over during active play

ive always liked webb to be honest,but wasnt he the ref at everton last year? when yakubu was 3 million yards offside and the ball was placed 5 yards further that it should of been for free kick? or have i been on the crackpipe again?

• Site Supporter

ive always liked webb to be honest,but wasnt he the ref at everton last year? when yakubu was 3 million yards offside and the ball was placed 5 yards further that it should of been for free kick? or have i been on the crackpipe again?

he was the ref, also at Everton, who allowed Alan stubbs to push the wall over during a free kick. Maybe he just doesn't like Bolton.

Ive always been of the opinion that H Webb thinks the crowd have turned up to see him and not the footballers.

Just as an aside,Ladbrokes are offering.....

5/2 any player to be sent off shouldve been !!

4/1 any player to be booked for "simulation"

10/1 Howard Webb to fall over during active play

I don't think he had a choice with some of the yellows but more red cards should have been given, Holland should have had a corner before the Spain goal, the game was really stop start, Webb sometimes let the teams play the advantage, but on a few occasions he failed to do so when great chances to attack/break were on.

If Robben went down on his second 1 on 1, I think Puyol would have been sent off.

Webb had a fcukin 'mare imo, he never let the game flow and dished out 14 yellows and a red ffs. It was a niggly game,but not really dirty imo .He confirmed my initial reservations about him that i mentioned at the start of this thread - he wanted to be the star of the show, and totally ruined any hopes of having a decent game.

• Moderators

when players do what puyol did to robben and don't get sent off, why is anybody surprised when the likes of ronaldo go down at the slightest touch

and iniesta shouldn't have been on the pitch to score the goal

• Site Supporter

Webb had a fcukin 'mare imo, he never let the game flow and dished out 14 yellows and a red ffs. It was a niggly game,but not really dirty imo .He confirmed my initial reservations about him that i mentioned at the start of this thread - he wanted to be the star of the show, and totally ruined any hopes of having a decent game.

I don't think he had much option with the cards, it was obvious he was desperate not to give a red though.

It was a dirty game in my opinion.

I don't think he had much option with the cards, it was obvious he was desperate not to give a red though.

It was a dirty game in my opinion.

I don't think he had much of an optin with the cards, and I think that a coupl emore reds should have been dished out.

Holland can complain all they want, they didn'ty lose because of Howard Webb, they lost because they tried to kill the game and kick Spain off the park

• Site Supporter

i thought web did alright.

he certainly didnt ref to blatters standards, could have been a couple of more reds and many more free kicks.

he let a shite game get slightly interesting.

• Site Supporter

I don't think he had much of an optin with the cards, and I think that a coupl emore reds should have been dished out.

Holland can complain all they want, they didn'ty lose because of Howard Webb, they lost because they tried to kill the game and kick Spain off the park

Indeed. Holland decided they couldn't win by playing football they had to attack the game by stopping Spain playing football too. Smart tactics if they work, shite if they don't.

Van Bommel and De Jong should have been sent off.

Webb did what all refs do in thinking their are different rules for the final.

The Dutch tried to kick the Spanish off the park and he alomost let them.

If he had sent teo players off in first half he would be getting slated for playing up to the cameras.

He missed the corner but the 'foul' on the Dutch lad just before the goal when you see it again was as much a fall as a foul.

He is still a cunt though.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.