Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Non League Chatter

leigh white

Stamford is a brilliant away day. The grounds out of town but the club house is alright. Get into the town if you can. It's the best place I've been for pubs in the country. Their fans are alright and it's a nice ground. Ashtons alright nice enough ground, they've got a bloke with a emergency siren though which gets a bit boring and no fans though. Although the local plastic united fans will come out for class of 92.

Stamford moved grounds 2014, been to the old one.

Only been to the new one unfortunately. Liked to have seen the old one. Nice new ground though. Terrace behind one goal seats at one side then sports centre with bar in attached to ground. Not got character of most non league but smart new ground.

Ramsbottom finally relegated tonight. Hopefully manage in the division below. Club hadn't recovered from the mass exodus to salford when the flood hit this winter. Hopefully they'll manage in divison below next year but been well off the pace most games this season.

i hope they do back up soon, such a shame

their first relegation in their 50 year hisotry

hopefully the chairman puts a few quid in, heard he's a bit tight

thought ashton was a cracking ground last night btw

Yeah the chairman's definitely a watch the penny's and they'll make pounds bloke. He pays some of the players wages in scratch off lucky tickets which hardly ever win. I don't think he was massively keen on the added expense of coach travel in the northern prem either. Got to take my hat off to him for getting the club through the massive flood though, some going that. He absolutely kills himself round the ground and doing the pitch as well. The flood and how incredible other non league clubs were in raising money seems to have softened him as well.

• Moderators

Colls will be at the Macron again in this years Hospital Cup final V Prestwich Heys, we beat Ladybridge FC 4-0 last night in our semi final at Atherton LR's ground 4-0 to earn the right to defend the trophy we won last year

Ladybridge moan like bitches, shame Swearycolls wasn't there to report.

• Moderators

Colls rained off toneet. Fuck knows when they are going to schedule all these games in. With Colne having played Linnets there and Colls being postponed on Sat, I really fancied getting a result, even with 3 on the bench.

went to stamford at weekend, what a ground / setup they have there, best i've seen in non league by a long way

shit game though, 1-1 draw

off to stourbridge next weekend, 50 seater, stopping off at every boozer on the way down

Being hoodwinked into this...