Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Non League Chatter

leigh white

Looking forward to it mate.

I'm now being told The Commercial, right next to the station, is family friendly, serves reals ale :pardon: & shows live football. May be worth popping in there to see if the games on.

Then we could skip up the hill at half time & we'd hardly miss a kick?

Back to the original plan... :good:

Only 59 on at the Leigh Genesis game.

I know they've been shafted with the new stadium. :(

Is there no other possible ground in & around Leyth that they can play?

I don't think there are any other grounds in Leyth up to the standard required for their league, that's why they are at Athy LR, it is a sorry state of affairs when nobody gives a fuck about the town football team.

I don't think there are any other grounds in Leyth up to the standard required for their league, that's why they are at Athy LR, it is a sorry state of affairs when nobody gives a fuck about the town football team.

I even missed yesterdays game, next one for me will be Salford City away on the 26th.March, early KO, because its the Wales V England match to be shown in the clubhouse.

Reet, to any of you local to Atherton, or if you just want see a good old blood and thunder amateur game, get yourselves to

Athy Colls on Saturday, this wil be a very 'interesting' game as there is some history between the clubs [and fans], also,

the Manyoo V Bolton game will also be on. So in a nutshell you can have:

A good day watching a potential local 'entertaining' game :aggressive:

Watch the Whites against Manyoo in good company - 99% of Colls fans are Bolton fans

A good day on the piss with like minded people and reasonably priced ale :drinks: :beer:

A good food bar with pie, peas and gravy a local favourite :good:

The chance to put a couple of quid into the coffers of a local non league club

Few local matches on tonight:

Chorley v Trafford

Leigh Genesis v Skelmersdale Utd

Radcliffe Borough v Wakefield

Not much telly and decent weather, so hopefully some decent crowds on.

I went to the Chorley V Trafford game as a mate of mine's son is on Loan at Trafford from Rochdale, really enjoyed the game and my mates lad scored the winner, went in the club house for a beer and met a few of the Trafford directors and fans and they were very nice people. The lad at the back called Naya who is 19 year old was a colosuss, if he does not make it I will be very suprised.

I went to the Chorley V Trafford game as a mate of mine's son is on Loan at Trafford from Rochdale, really enjoyed the game and my mates lad scored the winner, went in the club house for a beer and met a few of the Trafford directors and fans and they were very nice people. The lad at the back called Naya who is 19 year old was a colosuss, if he does not make it I will be very suprised.

Aye he's a beast that lad.

Trafford defended very well & took their chance when it came along.

Was an enjoyable game, even without many goals/chances, due to the effort put in by both sides.

Going back on Saturday when th'ale will be flowing :drinks:

Edited by peebles

Aye he's a beast that lad.

Trafford defended very well & took their chance when it came along.

Was an enjoyable game, even without many goals/chances, due to the effort put in by both sides.

Going back on Saturday when th'ale will be flowing :drinks:

:beer: See you at 1 :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

Made the 20 minute trip to Solfod, played great in the first half, then got worse and got beat 2-0. We are all but relegated with about 7 games left. Just going to have a massive going down party at Clitheroe.

What's the best way to get there LW?(ont pop so not by car of course)

Was thinking number 8 bus from Bolton & get a taxi from the pub at the Premier Inn Swinton?

Also, any boozers near ground &/or Club House?

Cheers.

A proper good dicking last night for Chorley!

Indeed on current form Chorley are more like relegation candidates than play offs. It is extremely unlikely they will get through the play offs.

Was thinking number 8 bus from Bolton & get a taxi from the pub at the Premier Inn Swinton?

Cheers.

Like it pal, forward thinking. Keep nige off the wine :drinks:

Grim night all round last night then. :(

Boro got turned over too.

With Skem flying looking like Chester v Chorley int playoffs. :ph34r:

Reckon we could persuade Mr Bear to run a coach, that would be an eye opener for the owd man :whistle:

Cheers.

Sorry for not replying Peebs, only just seen your post. Anyway its relegation time for the Leythers tomorrow V Durham City at Crilly.Park.