Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Music When We Score

Said it before it's like sad little club trying to jazz things up a bit.

But thats why you do it !!!

Some of your fans seem to enjoy the drumming, you know with them clapping along, and singing the songs the drummer helps you with !!

Absolutely awful embarrasing and cringy i thought we had got rid of that shit years ago next we will be bringing the two remploy guys back running up and down with those daft flags and as for those drums......

The really annoying thing is I have had that fucking song in my head all bastard week after hearing it on Wednesday night. And I used to like it until those pigs adopted it :D

I'm sure RV (or the club) is doing it with the best of intentions but for me they might as well play Fields of Athenry now.

The problem is with the atmosphere, not just here but in football in general :angry: Celtic have made just can't get enough their own so it's no good trying to muscle in on that.

What we need is a song we can call our own. Original sharp and relevant to the club and hopefully doesn't sound like the idiot version of when the spurs go marching that spuds have started singing :angry: :angry:

How about "we hate neutrals and DMB"

The problem is with the atmosphere, not just here but in football in general :angry: Celtic have made just can't get enough their own so it's no good trying to muscle in on that.

What we need is a song we can call our own. Original sharp and relevant to the club and hopefully doesn't sound like the idiot version of when the spurs go marching that spuds have started singing :angry: :angry:

How about "we hate neutrals and DMB"

Got to be something with a local flavour, so I am going Houghton Weavers or Mac Fly.......... :good:

Playing music at the football is bollocks! I don't understand the mentality? It's as if they imagine the crowd are thinking...

'It was pretty good when Bolton scored the 3rd against Villa after coming from been behind twice. But what really made it special was that Depeche Mode got played shortly afterwards.'

It's like at the Cup Final. When Birmingham won the League Cup, I doubt they were thinking as the team walked up the steps.

'I'm really looking forward to us lifting the cup, but what would really make this moment special is if the noise of the crowd cheering was drowned out by We are the Champions by Queen'.

I think it is the choice of song (i know it not really)

suggest we go with Vengance by New Model Army.......

SKD scores and the whole of the Reebok is up singing...'I believe in justice, I believe in vengance, I believe in getting the bastard, getting the bastard.'

Edited by Ani

Ani makes a good point. I don't think it's the music per s?, more the association with a team North of the Border that many don't like.

How's about we do a poll on here to give to RV? The top 5 could be used and he'd have a clap/singometer installed with the loudest being picked.

Just an idea. :D

Guest Frandsen08

i vote the darth vader music for when the teams walk out and smack my bitch up for when we score

Guest Frandsen08

Benny Hill theme tune with goalscorer chased around pitch by Reebok Rebels (in underwear)

otherwise fuck it off

Paedophile

The whole music when we score thing couldn't be any gayer unless they played 'I'm Too Sexy' by Right Said Fred every time the ball hit the back of the net, accompanied by Louie Spence doing high kicks on the touchline.

I am not sure if that is you saying is it is a good thing or a bad thing.....

The whole music when we score thing couldn't be any gayer unless they played 'I'm Too Sexy' by Right Said Fred every time the ball hit the back of the net, accompanied by Louie Spence doing high kicks on the touchline.

That made me giggle, lots.

Well done sir.

And you're right.

I must getting miserable in my old age. But I don't want music before the game, or after we score. I don't want drummers, I don't want fireworks, I don't want to see Campo celebrating a goal he scored about 5 years back.

We score, we jump up and down a bit and watch the replay on the big screen. Leave it at that.

And Pablo - Z Cars is just as sh?t, tradition or not.

That made me giggle, lots.

Well done sir.

And you're right.

I must getting miserable in my old age. But I don't want music before the game, or after we score. I don't want drummers, I don't want fireworks, I don't want to see Campo celebrating a goal he scored about 5 years back.

We score, we jump up and down a bit and watch the replay on the big screen. Leave it at that.

And Pablo - Z Cars is just as sh?t, tradition or not.

You forgot to say give the away end some shit as well.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.