Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Big Zat

FROM BBC TEAM OF THE WEEK

ZAT KNIGHT

Centre-back

Bolton

Knight gets the nod over Everton's Phil Jagielka because he saw off Carlton Cole, Frederic Piquionne and Demba Ba all in one afternoon. Knight has been a silent force at the Reebok alongside Gary Cahill and he made a couple of superb interventions to thwart the Hammers. Solid performance.

Did you know? Since his arrival, Bolton have not kept a clean sheet in any of the seven Premier League games in which he has been missing.

We've only kept 9 clean sheets in the 63 games he has played.

We don't keep that many full stop.

Yes, but thats 0% of games without him and 14% of games with him. Big improvement Im sure you will agree...

It says a lot in all honesty, especially after his performance on Saturday where he was superb, and was MOM for me!

Yes, but thats 0% of games without him and 14% of games with him. Big improvement Im sure you will agree...

It says a lot in all honesty, especially after his performance on Saturday where he was superb, and was MOM for me!

It says cock all.

Peter Odemwingie's Premier League goals per game average is better than Nicolas Anelka's.

It doesn't make him a better striker.

We shouldn't get giddy just because Zat's had a solid game against an embarrassingly lacklustre West Ham side.

I'm glad he's fit because we were stretched to fuck right across the back line, but Wheater's done fine since he came in, and Cahill has been very good next to him.

It says cock all.

Peter Odemwingie's Premier League goals per game average is better than Nicolas Anelka's.

It doesn't make him a better striker.

We shouldn't get giddy just because Zat's had a solid game against an embarrassingly lacklustre West Ham side.

I'm glad he's fit because we were stretched to fuck right across the back line, but Wheater's done fine since he came in, and Cahill has been very good next to him.

Knight had a bad game at Stoke & gave away a crazy penalty , Its Wheater for me ,he gets straight in & also Zat is sometimes guilty of not reacting ie ball watching .

Wheater for me, as I personally think he is stronger in the air than Zat. Zat has a better all round game, but we will be tested with crosses from out wide Sunday from Etherington/Pennant and the Delap throws

The problem with Zat is that he seems to switch off some times and against most prem strikers you need to be alert at all times.

I thik Wheater will start on Sunday

Jussi

Robbo

Cahill

Wheater

Greta

Petrov

Muamba

Mavies

Chungy

SKD

Elmander

After his performance at Burnley last season against Nugent I had my head in my hands devastated that we'd spunked ?4m on Zat. He's come on leaps and bounds under Coyle and is a player of the year candidate.

Both him and Wheater tend to be clumsy on the odd occasion, not forgetting the penalty Wheater gave away against Villa.

Taking the couple of inches under consideration, given that we're up against the likes of Jones and Carew, it's Zat for me on Sunday.

Wheater for me.

No problem at all with Zat , but it's horses for courses. Stoke are a real physical threat & Wheater is the physically tougher defender who'll stick his head in where the boots are flying.

Zat played like he had never been away on saturday which is fantastic after such a bad injury. I like Wheater but for me at times he looks shakey but I think under Coyle he will become a excellent centre half,for me Zat edges it this time.

Wheater for me.

No problem at all with Zat , but it's horses for courses. Stoke are a real physical threat & Wheater is the physically tougher defender who'll stick his head in where the boots are flying.

with a face like that im not surprised

Seems to be a 50/50 split amongst all between whether it will be Wheater/Knight. Stoke's obvious set piece threat would point to Knight with his added height and he has come on loads over the past 12 months. There is however that lingering worry that an error is just around the corner.

I think the fact Coyle didn't risk Wheater against the hammers (being 1 booking away from suspension)suggests that it will be Wheater starting on Sunday.

I think the fact Coyle didn't risk Wheater against the hammers (being 1 booking away from suspension)suggests that it will be Wheater starting on Sunday.

I think the fact Coyle didn't risk Wheater against the Hammers (being 1 booking away from suspension)suggests that he wants as many options available as possible.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.