Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Hidden History Of Bwfc.

I thought I'd try and lift the tone after recent posts about; bumming, Theatre of Shite attendance figures, Christ-fucking-mas, How wank we are/how we are going to be mullered Satdee and dogs getting the Shipman treatment...

John Willie Sutcliffe - He had an eventful career.

Any stattos/anoraks who can reply with any knowledge without clicking the link or googling will get a special treat

:roll:

It says 1894 for the final (and the link takes you to teams/score etc. for 1894 final v Notts County),

1893 for his first England cap.

It is a pity we have no witnesses - there now follows a completely unrelated picture...:whistle:

petergray107ej9.jpg

Edited by Youri McAnespie

I know this guy played Goalkeeper for the Wanderers a LONG ass time ago. I read up a little bit about him a while ago.

It's awesome when a player for the Wanderers has/had the same name as you (except the Willie of course, that's not exactly fit for modern times, I'd have been bullied black and blue at school).

I know it didn't deliver the title's promise, but I thought others would chip in - and apart from Pablo nobody did...

I have failed because you have failed, I'm off to commit Hari kiri in shame.

One last snippet of hidden history before I shuffle off, this is a good one :nea:

In the mid 90s Colin Todd was obsessed with signing Chris Kiwomya - and made numerous attempts (to the detriment of looking at other players) to sign him, alas he failed and we were doomed to relegation.

I know this guy played Goalkeeper for the Wanderers a LONG ass time ago. I read up a little bit about him a while ago.

It's awesome when a player for the Wanderers has/had the same name as you (except the Willie of course, that's not exactly fit for modern times, I'd have been bullied black and blue at school).

I liked your brother Peter better.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.