Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

January Transfer Rumour Mill 2012

Happy Wanderer

• Moderators

25 goals and 20 assists from an AM who plays just behind the striker is a pretty decent strike rate tbh. Don't know where it leaves Mavies though?

how many games is that in though?

a season? aye, tis good

5 years, not so

I don't think it's been mentioned yet, but it seems he's doing what Tim Ream did and training with us for a time before Coyle makes up his mind - maybe this is why he shops in the US, so he can get them for a week in their off-season to "train" and see if they fit in before he makes a move.

http://www.teamtalk.com/bolton-wanderers/7441637/Le-Toux-training-with-Trotters

• Moderators

Tim Ream on twitter has said this evening

"In limbo right now. Still waiting on a few things. Hoping to have an answer next week"

Not sure if he's on about us, he's done 3 tweets tonight, the first in months, and the other two were about folk talking shit about his wife or something

• Moderators

well let me spell it out for you, he wants to sign, and will sign, but needs to apply for a work permit which he may or may not get, thus he is in limbo till next week. simples

And what's this shit people been talking up about his wife?

Just to add to the Collins bit, got an email from a mate who watches Sunderland

Bolton are looking to sign Welsh international defender Danny Collins, 31, from Stoke

If that happens you are properly knackered, he is utter utter tosh, makes Phil Bardsley look good and he is not.

Just to add to the Collins bit, got an email from a mate who watches Sunderland

Bolton are looking to sign Welsh international defender Danny Collins, 31, from Stoke

If that happens you are properly knackered, he is utter utter tosh, makes Phil Bardsley look good and he is not.

He obviously hasnt seen us defend(try to) this season has he?

Seems obvious that we're shopping for 2 or 3 in the bargain basement, with one 'big' signing planned. Someone with an eye on attacking and getting goals. Seems a canny enough approach when money is tight.

i'm sure simon charlton and mike whitlow left their clubs with glowing references from the internet experts...

some folk need to give their fcuking heads a shake

this is the market we're now shopping in

hes a season ticket at sunderland so i'll accept his opinion

My issue with it would be im not 100pc convinced he'd play, unless he put him left back and moved ricketts to right back. Im fed up of signing players who are squad players when we've a shit 11. We need to improve on the pitch before improving the strength of the bench

• Moderators

My issue with it would be im not 100pc convinced he'd play, unless he put him left back and moved ricketts to right back. Im fed up of signing players who are squad players when we've a shit 11. We need to improve on the pitch before improving the strength of the bench

go and find somebody with 100 million to invest and i'm sure mr davies will meet up with you

we're fcuking skint

the gravy has all been poured

I know we say this about every player but I would have him over Zat Knight. Wheater hasnt exactly set the world alight either and considering them 2 are the only centre halves we have got I would say if we bought him he would fancy his chances of getting in the team.

Nixon seems to think the Collins rumour is just that. In his words its "about as far off the mark as is humanly possible". Although I'm beginning to wonder how much that actually counts for.

have we not established by now that he does get to know stuff?

Just because we don't sign someone, doesn't mean we never tried.

He's the first to break the news on near enough all our transfers.