Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Jaraslow Forjut

superjohnmcginlay

He's either:

1. Better than we thought

2. Average and not good enough for the Prem, which is why he's playing in the Scottish leagues with various other ex-Bolton cast-offs.

I'll go for answer 2 please.

Academy, then fringe of first team (signed as professional) and left for Legia Warsaw because he wasn't getting any first team chances.

Sounds familiar.

He didn't go to Legia Warsaw, he went to another Polish team (whose name escapes me)

I have a friend who is a seaosn ticket holder at Luton, he said at the time the lad was a good player.......but probably only at a low level as he was slow as fuck.

If he is any good then he won't be playing for Celtic for very long.

Also, I don't think it happens as often as you are implying that players leave because they aren't getting first team chances - if they do it's normally because they are pretty shit. I don't know of many "gems" that we've let slip throuh the net in recent years (with the exception of AAH)

Edited by CWP

Also, I don't think it happens as often as you are implying that players leave because they aren't getting first team chances - if they do it's normally because they are pretty shit. I don't know of many "gems" that we've let slip throuh the net in recent years (with the exception of AAH)

What about Blerim Dzemali? Napoli signed him for ?10 million and now playing in the Champions League.

The worrying thing is why aren't the club producing and bringing players to the 1st team on a regular basis. Either we aren't sourcing the players in the first place or our coaches aren't good enough.Look at Southanpton. They bring players through on a regular basis and on a smaller budget than we have. No excuses really.

The worrying thing is why aren't the club producing and bringing players to the 1st team on a regular basis. Either we aren't sourcing the players in the first place or our coaches aren't good enough.Look at Southanpton. They bring players through on a regular basis and on a smaller budget than we have. No excuses really.

Maybe its time to stop giving jobs to the boys, i.e Phillips, Kelly, Lee, Mcann and bring in proven youth coaches

Is it down to the coaches?

or the scouts?

or both?

or managers reluctance to blood risky young potential in the Prem?

With respect to Southampton, it's less risky to blood young sprinters as footballers

The 3rd one - if we dropped down a level, we'll have youngsters in left, right and centre. The surprising thing is that we don't try and loan out more players as an alternative. You're not telling me teams in league 2 or even league 1 wouldn't benefit from some of our young lads if we're paying their wages.

Walters would have suited us under Big Sam I reckon but probably not Coyle.

It Dzemali still doing well? I've not heard much about him recently.

Didn't he play for us briefly under Sam, then ditched? Sure I recall him wandering on during a battering from Leeds.

I'm obviously mistaken. I thought he moved to Legia Warsaw. My point still holds true - BWFC have had quite a number of young players over the years who have moved on to decent careers for nowt. I am convinced we have a bunch of useless numpties running the club. Most seasoned businessmen would not let things get to the state where investments in potentially valuable assets are allowed to go for no return.

What I mean by that is that very regular close and careful monitoring of the investments in the academy should lead to the early release of players who are not meeting a pre-set agreed set of achievements. The ones who do meet the levels required must get some first team exposure - even in the "Barclays Premier League."