Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

This Weather.....

gonzo

it'll do you good!

Good?!!! Twas a 5 mile goat track up and down stony paths and through knee high mud.  Took 3 hours and my ankle and knees are fucked. Half metre wide paths with 200 ft sheer drops at the side for 500 yards of it. Was frozen solid when we got to the Stubbins Wharf pub. The wife got it in the neck for a total lack of reconnaissance. :argue: . Not the pleasant stroll through the countryside I had anticipated.

• Site Supporter

Good?!!! Twas a 5 mile goat track up and down stony paths and through knee high mud.  Took 3 hours and my ankle and knees are fucked. Half metre wide paths with 200 ft sheer drops at the side for 500 yards of it. Was frozen solid when we got to the Stubbins Wharf pub. The wife got it in the neck for a total lack of reconnaissance. :argue: . Not the pleasant stroll through the countryside I had anticipated.

Wow, doesn't sound to great.

For my fortieth birthday, we booked a cottage in the Eden valley. It was minus ten when we arrived and deep snow everywhere.

Wife (familiar pattern) took us on footpath through hills. Part way round we were left with a track around a foot wide with a huge steep drop to a river. Solid ice and with a toddler. I was shitting it.

Bloody windies beat england too!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08cw1kt/weather-for-the-week-ahead-12022017

He said spring he said spring he said spring

Edit...interesting stuff about the link with our jet stream to the tropics. There's so much of that stuff goes unoticed.

Last time we had a winter this dry and cold (ish) we had a scorching summer. Same happened in US.

Edited by gonzo

White caps on starmount lodge earlier.

Dunno if anyone goes that way but if you head towards chorley on the 61 and come off at the junction there are open daffs in the central reservation.

Say what?! :D Edited by gonzo

• Site Supporter

A pair of swans back on the lodge too and they're aggressive!. And Canada geese returning.

Robins scrapping in the garden and Bluetits visiting a nest box for a few weeks.

Someone has an interesting fact about swans at Doffcocker Lodge.

Misty cold and grim here this morn with that blast of an easterly coming down from the top of the moor.  Keep warm folks!

A simple person might wonder why wind doesn't just blow away the fog