Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

This Weather.....

gonzo

• Moderators

Looks like the uk was the hottest place on earth in 76

think they are showing how many degrees hotter everywhere was in 1976 and 2018 compared to the average for that part of the world from 1950-1980)

basically, we had an above average scorcher in both years, but this year, so did everyone else

except south america, greenland and bolty

think they are showing how many degrees hotter everywhere was in 1976 and 2018 compared to the average for that part of the world from 1950-1980)

basically, we had an above average scorcher in both years, but this year, so did everyone else

That makes more sense. Ta. ????????

Assuming it's hotter due to global warming climate change*, then turning on the air con isn't going help

*whatever this year's fear term is

Assuming it's hotter due to global warming climate change*, then turning on the air con isn't going help

*whatever this year's fear term is

With some climate changes some parts of the world will got colder and others warmer that is why the correct term to use is climate change.

There is not one piece of climate change denial I have seen that cannot be comprehensively proved to be false scientifically.

To be honest, I've never researched climate change denial evidence. Could not be arsed. Even if there is some doubt of it, ignoring evidence and doing nothing until it being proved is stupid.

Sure

But air con can’t help!??

:)

• Site Supporter

Air con is indeed a funny one. During our heatwave, when the old and inform were dropping like flies and the hospitals getting very busy, media chaps and guests talking about British houses being unsuitable (particularly new ones); very good in winter for not losing heat but crap in summer. In particular because of the lack of air conditioning.

The irony wasn't lost on me.

• Members

Never known it as wet here mate. This is basically a desert but by the fuck, I've never seen rain like it for the last few weeks.

Farmers loving it.

No doubt the cunts will be telling us we have to conserve water again in the summer.

• Site Supporter

Never known it as wet here mate. This is basically a desert but by the fuck, I've never seen rain like it for the last few weeks.

Farmers loving it.

No doubt the cunts will be telling us we have to conserve water again in the summer.

Amazing that Bolty. Only a couple of days ago the news reported a major drought in (nsw?).

Thousands of cattle gathering around a water tanker

• Members

Amazing that Bolty. Only a couple of days ago the news reported a major drought in (nsw?).

Thousands of cattle gathering around a water tanker

Was only talking to my boss over in Sydney earlier mate (he lives out west in Penrith and my brother lives at the foot of the Blue Mountains in a place called Grose Vale). He said he had never known a winter like it. Conversely, when we arrived in Sydney on Valentines Day in 1988 (i.e. the height of summer) it was pissing down and continued for a biblical 40 days. A railway embankment washed away at a place called Coalcliff and demolished houses killing a few folk.

"Dry as a budgies chuff" was the comment from my brother last night and they are praying for some heavy downpours to lessen the bushfire threat in summer.

This is certainly a land of extremes. Our paperboy just had a piss on my African lilies the cheeky little fucker!

• 1 month later...