Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

This Weather.....

gonzo

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, jmjhb said:

I fucking jinxed it

You did.

Local news last night had Bolton (53mm) as one of the top rainfall areas. Only some of the usual suspects (in Cumbria etc) had had higher levels.

That surprised me, as it hadn't seemed that bad.

I reckon my local stream is now around 6 inches off Desmond levels. Twatting dog took great delight in lobbing his ball in.

30 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

You did.

Local news last night had Bolton (53mm) as one of the top rainfall areas. Only some of the usual suspects (in Cumbria etc) had had higher levels.

That surprised me, as it hadn't seemed that bad.

I reckon my local stream is now around 6 inches off Desmond levels. Twatting dog took great delight in lobbing his ball in.

Has to be Winter Hill? No way we had 2 inches yesterday, even if today is particularly horrendous

1 hour ago, miamiwhite said:

I'm not even on a roof in this weather,  thank you.

Wrong Poster & wrong flag... I'll get a BWFC banner tomorrow. Its been dry-ish but well blowy. I've been finishing the facia boards, the roofer is as hard as nails felting and battening.

1 minute ago, Dimron said:

Wrong Poster & wrong flag... I'll get a BWFC banner tomorrow. Its been dry-ish but well blowy. I've been finishing the facia boards, the roofer is as hard as nails felting and battening.

I'm not out for a bit mate, self isolating now. Picked a good week so I'm not missing much at work 🙂 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, jmjhb said:

Has to be Winter Hill? No way we had 2 inches yesterday, even if today is particularly horrendous

That's what I thought. That said the land around and about was saturated with new pools and running water.

Perhaps came down most in the night beforehand. 

Much worse now though; Blackshaw brook now has an amber weather warning from Breightmet onwards.

8 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Postmen and Window Cleaners always wear shorts for some reason

I go on safety courses and they tell me I have to ban shorts on my sites as it poses a risk of skin cancer, the last safety officer argued that my company could face future compensation claims but then could not explain why the Post Office, one of the largest and most unionised organisations in the country, still allow it.

18 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

I'm not out for a bit mate, self isolating now. Picked a good week so I'm not missing much at work 🙂 

Best place mate, hope you'll be okay, I've had to isolate a couple of times so far but all negative.

I'm only up there because I've been waiting for the bugger to come since the 4th January and I want him done and dusted... don't want him to walk off

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Dimron said:

I go on safety courses and they tell me I have to ban shorts on my sites as it poses a risk of skin cancer, the last safety officer argued that my company could face future compensation claims but then could not explain why the Post Office, one of the largest and most unionised organisations in the country, still allow it.

Your last safety officer was a cock then.

Suggest to the course presenters you're empowering your employees to maximise their vitamin D levels and help keep their immune system in tip top condition. 

12 minutes ago, Dimron said:

Best place mate, hope you'll be okay, I've had to isolate a couple of times so far but all negative.

I'm only up there because I've been waiting for the bugger to come since the 4th January and I want him done and dusted... don't want him to walk off

Thanks pal, better being safe than sorry.

What's on the roof you're doing, slate or tiles ?

Encountering a bit of a tile famine at present up here, quite a lead time on certain ones as the main builders are ringfencing a lot of them.