Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

This Weather.....

gonzo

6 hours ago, miamiwhite said:

Thanks pal, better being safe than sorry.

What's on the roof you're doing, slate or tiles ?

Encountering a bit of a tile famine at present up here, quite a lead time on certain ones as the main builders are ringfencing a lot of them.

I'm building a "Legacy House" for a Lord on a Country Estate. Locally quarried stone, lime mortars, cut roof etc. I'm actually employed as a Contracts Manager but I promised him I'd be hands on and I have got my mafia, some of them have been with me on and off for 30 odd years (including working on the Reebok) so the criach is good.

The roof is Estella slates, the roofer had to isolate after his missus was hospitalised with covid which is why he is late on the job. No way could he pass any of those little pollen-like fuckers on to us in that wind today.

52 minutes ago, Dimron said:

I'm building a "Legacy House" for a Lord on a Country Estate. Locally quarried stone, lime mortars, cut roof etc. I'm actually employed as a Contracts Manager but I promised him I'd be hands on and I have got my mafia, some of them have been with me on and off for 30 odd years (including working on the Reebok) so the criach is good.

The roof is Estella slates, the roofer had to isolate after his missus was hospitalised with covid which is why he is late on the job. No way could he pass any of those little pollen-like fuckers on to us in that wind today.

Nice slates those. My favourites are the Villa Del Ray, all pre graded and holed already, beautiful finish too 👌 

2 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

What a let down, snow gone, any that's about is Brown slush! Was pwoppa looking forward to building a big fuck off snowman and an igloo ☃️

5 mile walk with the dog it is, but its bitter out there due to an icy breeze 🥶

Build a brown one, you racist.