Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

This Weather.....

gonzo

Is it still classed as the Loopline beyond Clegg's Lane?

It's probably got a stupid cycleway designation number.

I thought the Loopline proper started at Clegg's Lane toward Blackleach and beyond...

The ride to Bury from the Embankment is a good 'un.

Highland Toffee cows along the way, ice cream and maybe a swift one in The Robert Peel...

Can't wait.

12 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Is it still classed as the Loopline beyond Clegg's Lane?

It's probably got a stupid cycleway designation number.

I thought the Loopline proper started at Clegg's Lane toward Blackleach and beyond...

The ride to Bury from the Embankment is a good 'un.

Highland Toffee cows along the way, ice cream and maybe a swift one in The Robert Peel...

Can't wait.

Someone else posted this a while ago. 
The Cleggs Lane bit that you mentioned was my playground as a kid. The Loop Line keeps being extended. Monton, Tyldesley and Leigh are all accessible.  Its great for all ages of cyclists and walkers.

Ill look into the Bury ride.👍

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, boltondiver said:

Shouldn’t be drinking on a Tuesday, but it’s just too nice

I have a major dilemma on my hands.

Im sat in the sun. It’s warm. Birds tweeting (left and right wing nonsense probably... eh eh?) and I’m not drinking ale on school nights.

A real, proper test coming up at 6pm.

5 minutes ago, Spider said:

Im sat in the sun. It’s warm. Birds tweeting (left and right wing nonsense probably... eh eh?) and I’m not drinking ale on school nights.

Go with your soul

35 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

Someone else posted this a while ago. 
The Cleggs Lane bit that you mentioned was my playground as a kid. The Loop Line keeps being extended. Monton, Tyldesley and Leigh are all accessible.  Its great for all ages of cyclists and walkers.

Ill look into the Bury ride.👍

I always referred to it as the old Bolton-Eccles railway, well I did for about twelve years, until someone called it the 'Linnyshaw Loop' when chatting with me a few years back, thought it was just a quaint term until I noticed all the signposts the next time...

Strange to think of Bolton being like Wigan at one time, two town centre stations.

I often wondered where the space came from (and disappeared to) to create The Water Place - I expect a lot was the old Great Moor Street Station.

The Burnden-Bury cyclepath isn't as contiguous but if you follow your nose you should be reet. 👍

• Members

Took my M3 out today in the sun out it through it’s proper paces. Absolutely stunning car, it’s 30 years old and you wouldn’t know it. 
M5 Aside if BMW have made a better car than the E30 M3 I’ll show my arse.  

54 minutes ago, Spider said:

Ok, why don't you.... steel yourself tonight. Tomorrow is going to be very warm again, and in reality it's Thursday which is the countdown to the weekend. It also means you'll only have one day at work feeling rough before the weekend as Thursday is this week's Friday! Happy Days!

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Spider said:

Are we calling Tit Monday?

Heaving with beautiful bouncing womanly chest work in the suburbs of Manchester earlier on.

1 hour ago, jules_darby said:

Ha ha 100%

I whatsapped Zico earlier confirming it for Manc city centre today

It's ace! 😍

Don't fall into the age old trap of calling it too early in the day 

As long as they stay out as long as the sun does, it's Tit Monday, never known it in March, but these are unprecedented times

40 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Took my M3 out today in the sun out it through it’s proper paces. Absolutely stunning car, it’s 30 years old and you wouldn’t know it. 

It’s a classic pal and you are hard pushed to beat it. Tbh the m4 is nice but not a patch IMO. But each to their own as always 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Spider said:

I will if you will 

43 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Dealing? 

As an aside, the biggest bargain non-booze wise of the past year was a Jamoji bluetooth speaker...

I only bought it to attach to my anti-squirrel garden rake (alongside the bike light strobe) but it's been promoted to use in the garden for music.

Really good quality and output for the price.

Got some downtempo deep house on atm, very nice (Börat voice).

After a long winter without the solace of a welcoming pub or a frozzen slightly boozy night match to warm the cockles I reckon' anyone who isn't currently sat squinting in the sun with sommat cold and alcoholic (not George Best) is a madochist (sic).

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Members
43 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

After a long winter without the solace of a welcoming pub or a frozzen slightly boozy night match to warm the cockles I reckon' anyone who isn't currently sat squinting in the sun with sommat cold and alcoholic (not George Best) is a madochist (sic).

My beer is 0.5% alcohol. Daughters on her swing and dogs had his ball thrown 40,000 times. I love the sun. 

2 hours ago, Youri McAnespie said:

I always referred to it as the old Bolton-Eccles railway, well I did for about twelve years, until someone called it the 'Linnyshaw Loop' when chatting with me a few years back, thought it was just a quaint term until I noticed all the signposts the next time...

Strange to think of Bolton being like Wigan at one time, two town centre stations.

I often wondered where the space came from (and disappeared to) to create The Water Place - I expect a lot was the old Great Moor Street Station.

The Burnden-Bury cyclepath isn't as contiguous but if you follow your nose you should be reet. 👍

The pie eaters had 3 town centre stations at one time with Wigan Central closing in 64.

Wigan_Central_Station_%E2%80%93_1963.jpg

1 hour ago, Youri McAnespie said:

I’m 95 days without and I’m swithering!

collection of the meilleur Colombien also but it’s a school night!