Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Traf's Geegeez Stat Of The Day

Traf

Weird yesterday: advised at 6/1, came into 4's before drifting to 9/1 at the off.

Caught virtually on the line by two flyers, finishing 3rd at 9/1.

Excellent news for place or E/W backers and at 9/1 to win, I'd have lumped on the place only market, as betfair's 3/1 was magnificent value for a horse I'd have been happy to take 4/1 for the win.

I did have a small nibble at that place price: just enough to cover my original stakes and a small butty on the side.

Anyway, today's is one you'd not necessarily pick yourself, but the stat behind it is quite remarkable: http://www.geegeez.co.uk/stat-of-the-day-9th-june-2012/

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've decided to have a go at using Bolty's method using just the Sotd picks (because i'm pretty useless myself with horses), albeit with a much smaller bank!

Just out of interest Bolty, the Sotd today was an e/w shout but I know your method is win only. I decided to bet 10% of my bank, but just on the place as I thought it works out the same as it is only a single bet. Luckily it just about managed to hold onto 3rd, when it seemed like it had lost it in the last furlong, but I was just wondering if this is the way you would have bet on the race (i.e. single bet on the place for e/w shouts) or whether you would have just gone with the outright win?

• Members

I've decided to have a go at using Bolty's method using just the Sotd picks (because i'm pretty useless myself with horses), albeit with a much smaller bank!

Just out of interest Bolty, the Sotd today was an e/w shout but I know your method is win only. I decided to bet 10% of my bank, but just on the place as I thought it works out the same as it is only a single bet. Luckily it just about managed to hold onto 3rd, when it seemed like it had lost it in the last furlong, but I was just wondering if this is the way you would have bet on the race (i.e. single bet on the place for e/w shouts) or whether you would have just gone with the outright win?

Outright win for me mate. It would take me pages and pages of stats to convince you of the reasons why.

At the end of the day, punters have to do what feels right for them.

It went off at about 9/1, but seemed to be fucked with 3F to go, ended up near the end. I was impressed by how quickly "Tweet Lady" came charging up at the end to finish third, it was flying and didn't seem to be having any trouble with the heavy ground at all