Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

I Actually Feel Sorry For Coyle Now.

DomRepWanderer

I really think he has been out of his depth for a good 18 months, but you have to admire the man for giving his all for the cause, just a pity he cannot match his enthusiasm for the club with ability, I got the feeling today he realised that his time is up one way or another, and you could hear it in his voice that it would be like losing the love of his life, if he goes I wsh him well, and hope he learned that he really needs a better management team behind him.

yes he is a nice guy

but

if he loves the club

please mr coyle look at the league table

then look at youre record ove the last 18 months

the look in the mirror

and ask yourself if i really love the club its time for me to go

and ring mt gartside up an say it

I second this. Think he is a nice bloke with good intentions and obviously loves the club.

I have good intentions and I love the club, but I'd be a shit manager.

There's 3 things I have in common with Owen Coyle.

5 - you have a small penis, rub it with a balloon. :D

I remember when you wrote to That's Life.

Cyril Fletcher was sitting in that big red leather chair showing viewers' photographs of carrots that loked like a penis.

He then read out your letter which explained in your case, you had a penis that looked like a carrot.

I really think he has been out of his depth for a good 18 months, but you have to admire the man for giving his all for the cause, just a pity he cannot match his enthusiasm for the club with ability, I got the feeling today he realised that his time is up one way or another, and you could hear it in his voice that it would be like losing the love of his life, if he goes I wsh him well, and hope he learned that he really needs a better management team behind him.

like TRAF said he's on a good wage probley never needs to work again

and he knows if he dose work again it will be in the jock lower leagues on tupens a week

Couldn't agree more.He is a nice guy in an industry strewn with a load of shits but I really think a big problem with OC is misguided loyalty to both players and coaching staff. It's perfectly clear to anyone with a passing knowledge of football that the backroom staff are lower Jock league level - is he afraid of employing people who may show up his (many) frailties ? Not even his biggest haters can possibly deny his love of BWFC but even he must now realise that that is not enough and do the decent thing and pick up the phone.

He thinks things will just change, that's the problem. It's not about reffing decisions and the opposition, it's about defending properly and using the players in his squad effectively. Also, knowing your best 11.

Coyle has had a bit of rough deal. He came into the club knowing the wage bill needed cutting post-Megson and with the knowledge that Cahill was going to be sold. He's had serious injuries to contend with, Muamba situation etc. All of that in the toughest league in the world.

But...

...he still had a squad capable of surviving in the Premier League and one capable of walking the Championship this season. That's the bottom line. He's had more goodwill than any manager I can recall (and I remember from Ian Greaves onwards) and it's finally run out. Time to go, sadly.

Thing is, when you look at hte club overall, you get the feeling that we've turned the corner for youth/development teams - our u18s seem pretty much unbeatable right now. But the first team dictates the future of the club - and Coyle hasn't done it there.

If he goes though, we'll have to make sure we get the right person in to push the club forward. That is not Mick McCarthy, probably not Curbishley and certainly not Alex McLeish. Sadly, that doesn't leave many other candidates. Billy Davies the only obviously one (who will come).

Ifeel sorry for coyle, nice guy, has bwfc runnng through his veins, but he is out of his depth. gartside must take some of the blame, he should have seen owen was having trouble 12 months ago and insisted on bringing in an experienced coach. ferguson would not have had the success utd have had without surounding himself with such staff.

Why does everone keep mentioning that

Coyle is a nice guy? It's fucking irrelevant!

The fact is we are total shit and if Coyle

stays we'll wind up playing in the conference.

He's payed incredibly well to do a shit

job. Get rid of him.

exactly !

fuck the sentiment,lets look at facts and fugures,we're in the shit !

i wonder if eddie davie and phil gartside would keep a manager on their payroll in their other businesses if he was underperforming on a coyle-esque scale ? would they fuck !

they're both very astute businessmen,and surely know coyle is fucking up the firm that is BWFC,so why isn't that jock prick,sorry,splendid jock cheeky chappy on the dole !

conspiracy theory is beginning to become reality. asda to expand their superstore into the south stand