Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Shittest Inventions Or Innovations...

Youri McAnespie

Probably been done before, but, if anyone can think of something; shitter, not fit for purpose, badly designed and over-engineering at its worst, as the following bag of wank devices...

Any plastic top/pourer fitted to a 'tetrabrik' fruit juice carton.

* The juice splurts out like George in a brothel everywhere - pouring faster and faster until glugging everywhere near the top of the glass.

* The foil refuses to shift when peeling it open - until feebly giving way at the very end of a Geoff Capes style tug, juice goes everywhere.

* They burst open in the boot on the way home on a regular basis.

* The ones that use a 'pop' lever also refuse to budge until manhandled in - with juice flying everywhere.

* If you refuse to play ball, and prise up then fatten a corner and snip it open instead - the bloody plastic pourer spitefully opens up unrequested.

* Just as they figure out how to recycle tetra-brik, stick a bit of plastic on 'em, why not?

Fucking sheeeite, whoever tought up this 'improvement' should be ashamed of themselves.

Surely unbeatable in the wank invention stakes?

A spoon holder, apparently it's something you rest your spoon on to stop your work tops getting mucky after stirring. Rinse the spoon, easy innit.

I have a nice stainless steel one. They're handy, even for people making pot noodles I imagine.

Anyhow, Easter & Christmas greeting cards. Please no one ever send me one, thanks.

I have a nice stainless steel one. They're handy, even for people making pot noodles I imagine.

Anyhow, Easter & Christmas greeting cards. Please no one ever send me one, thanks.

Although they're ability to keep work tops clean can't be questioned...

A work top will look far better without clutter on top of then. That goes for loads of things.. pestle and mortars (spelling), chopping boards out when not being used???, bowls for wet tea bags, all kinds of crap.

Plus A quick wipe over with a cloth can't be that difficult.

Although they're ability to keep work tops clean can't be questioned...

A work top will look far better without clutter on top of then. That goes for loads of things.. pestle and mortars (spelling), chopping boards out when not being used???, bowls for wet tea bags, all kinds of crap.

Plus A quick wipe over with a cloth can't be that difficult.

See, I only get this sort of shit out when required.

I'm not that daft. & leaving wet tea bags out on a holder, that's just filthy, isn't it?

We have em at work. Cleaners go mental if you start chucking tea bags in the bin for a number of reasons...

1) it's a cat flap lid so the lid ends up covered in tea bag stains.

2) bin eventually gets full of wetness and drips everywhere when you change the bag

3) I'm pretty sure someone recycles em or something. Uses em in garden to deter cats?

Listen, sonny, back in the 70s we had a lot less technology.

Is that really how old it is?

Maybe I will take it back then, my Nan used to have one when I was a kid and I had just presumed she liked using that rather than getting fizzy pop. I just assumed that folk used that instead of buying there own fizzy pop to pass the time whilst making it.

Edited by Big_Sharps

• Members

We have em at work. Cleaners go mental if you start chucking tea bags in the bin for a number of reasons...

1) it's a cat flap lid so the lid ends up covered in tea bag stains.

2) bin eventually gets full of wetness and drips everywhere when you change the bag

3) I'm pretty sure someone recycles em or something. Uses em in garden to deter cats?

Anyone who doesn't put a teabag in the bin staright after they've made a brew is a filthy bastard.

I sometimes go into the kitchen at work and there will be a teabag on the side of the sink. It makes my blood boil.

When I put it in the bin, I make sure it's already drained and squeezed and when I put it in the bin I make sure it doesn't touch the lid. Also, due to the fact I've already squeezed it against the side of my Batmug, there will be no excess moisture causing an issue with dampness in the bin. If everyone made a brew like me the world would be a better place.

Back to shit inventions.... I give you remote control holsters.

Edit: Fucking hell, CWP and his fast fingers (and the weird fact that he's thought exactly the same as me)!!!

Edited by DazBobParr

• Members

Well that's where you're wrong. i have a console

remote-buddy.jpg

Ace. :D

But surely you would need that to be sat on a fold-up table that old people use to eat their tea on the settee ... or one of those trays for your knee with a beanbag stuck to the bottom of it. It'd feel like you were piloting a spaceship.

Edited by DazBobParr