Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Boo Boys

gonzo

Freedman came up to Bolton for a big payrise, he said as much in his first interview....security for my family blah blah.A big payrise usually comes with more responsibility and stress.Coping with a more demanding public is part of that.He could have stayed at nice Crystal Palace working for their lovely, polite fans on a third the wage and a third the pressure if he wanted.He opted for the money and the stress.

So you think its acceptable to boo a substitution where the manager is bringing on a striker and winger at 0-0 to try and win the game,because he gets paid more than he did at Palace??

We've always seemingly had more idiots than your average fanbase, but it's getting beyond a joke now.

When Mears had the ball deep in his own half, a winger breathing down his neck a couple of yards away, and only Bogdan available, to boo him for passing it back was baffling. I just want to fucking shake these fans and ask them what the fuck they wanted him to do in that situation. Utter fucking pricks.

I'm sure it was never this bad until the Megson days; now Bolton fans seem to believe they have some divine right to show their disgust whenever possible. And to think I used to laugh at clubs like Newcastle for their booing.

I almost feel inclined to email Dougie to apologise for their behaviours its getting that bad. This is a man who really was adored at Selhurst. His goal saved them from dropping to League One. He scored at Coventry to secure an unlikely play off place when they went up under Dowie. He had two lengthy spells at the club, and everything was going well for him under Palace when he joined us. One defeat in eight, after inheriting a terribly disorganised side under Coyle. He's slowly but surely turning the tide for us, I just wish these morons would show some fucking respect.

irony is we probably supported the previous fuckwit manager more than the current one

i'll say it again, there was some right dross early days of allardyce

if people cant see that Freedman has a hell of a job, thus needs a bit of time, then they're fucking stupid

Guest bwfcdan

agree Dom

If there was supposed to be 16000 on today less say 1000 charlton fans ,then take off the 3000 diehards who go to the away games what exactly do the remaining 12000 contribute-not a lot methinks

we had a better atmosphere at burnden with 4000-whats gone wrong

643 Charlton 805293.gif

The truth is that Coyle did such a catastrophically bad job that it's going to take time to fix. The confidence of the team is rock bottom so the last thing we need is a load of fuckwits willing them to make a mistake just so they can have a go. The first 60 odd minutes yesterday wasn't good but we've got to get behind the side when they aren't playing well. Yesterday was a good result against a decent side unbeaten in 7 with 4 wins. I jst get the feeling that most of the crowd are expecting us to turn over sides by 4 or 5 every week but it's just not going to happen.

Guest Frandsen08

In the interest of balance absolutely anybody could see we needed to give Ngog and Petrov a run at the time we were shockingly poor.

I didn't see the game mounts but logic to my mind would see who is going off and who is coming on as a positive sub and one that is going to try and win the game, so the booing is ludicrous and i can only think that the people who booed lee are the ones who don't understand it when he doesn't start despite some of his lackluster performances

Guest bwfcdan

More than we took to Millwall .2,500 of these 3,000 away match diehards we have had the day off then

Indeed, 495 went to Millwall. Only took 687 to Boro too, but overall this season, our followings this season have been pretty good.

Under coyle a lot of people were saying theirs no plan b he dont no how to influence a game

We now have a manager who changes the game plan when things aren't going right

Hence the subs yesterday

And then to get a chorus of boos is complete bullshit

Even if his subs didn't work(but they seem to work on most occasions)at least he is trying other ways

• Moderators

A 500k pa manager with a £30 million wage bill not beating shit like Barnsley and Ipswich at home and then being shit v Charlton for a good hour is going to get jeered.

have you not fooked off to the paradise that is whelanland, yet?

• Moderators

Coyle's early days didn't turn out horseshit like we got against Barnsley and Ipswich.

i call bullshit

we played about a dozen entertaining games under coyle

and allardyce turned out some real attritional garbage, early doors

The Whites have always had and always will have a Boo Klux Clan

People pay their money and are entitled to their say.

It's different at away games as the harder core fan travels all over and usually expect defeat. Home games are the opposite, especially the spoon fed JCL's demand and expect the opposition to be drubbed by 5-0 by half time. If not,the dummies are spat and scarves thrown at the ground like knickers at a Tom Jones concert.

I'm going to step out of the heated exec box on 26th December and make it a Boxing Day to remember for the first shit fan who starts booing