Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Red Wine Thread

globaldiver

Had a glass of Ancyra Turkish Merlot as a matched wine with one of my courses at Michael Caines' in Manc yesterday it was spot on.

Would never have considered Turkish wine before trying this.

Had a look online to see where I could pick some up and they do it at the wine merchant in Bromley Cross, will definitely be popping in for some next time I'm passing.

glug, glug, glug

ill give it a go

currently looking for reasonably priced cotes du rhone as cdp might be the dogs bollocks but i aint paying 15 quid

sorry, BD :)

I love my CdP, but a midpriced CdR or a CdB will be better than a cheap CdP.

Have a look for a reasonable Vacqueyras, Lirac, Cairanne or Gigondas, if you still want French Red.

glug, glug, glug

ill give it a go

currently looking for reasonably priced cotes du rhone as cdp might be the dogs bollocks but i aint paying 15 quid

sorry, BD :)

I'm not the greatest fan of CDP. Currently, Malbec's is where it's at. We enjoy Nero D'Avola at Il Toro, so might look that one up

I'm not the greatest fan of CDP. Currently, Malbec's is where it's at. We enjoy Nero D'Avola at Il Toro, so might look that one up

Malbec & Barolo are my current favourites. I've got shit loads of spend 40 quid get 8 off with waitrose & they're doing a buy 12 for the price of 10. Winner!

Malbec & Barolo are my current favourites. I've got shit loads of spend 40 quid get 8 off with waitrose & they're doing a buy 12 for the price of 10. Winner!

Christmas sorted!

• Site Supporter

Can't remember if I've already mentioned this, but Yellow Tail do a couple of new reds, one of which is simply called Big Bold Red

Don't let the name and rather plain labelling fool you though, it's a fucking belter. About £8 in Tesco but I've settled on it as my Go To wine.

Covers all the bases - good with pretty much any food, on its own or being poured into your nostril through a funnel.

Can't remember if I've already mentioned this, but Yellow Tail do a couple of new reds, one of which is simply called Big Bold Red

Don't let the name and rather plain labelling fool you though, it's a fucking belter. About £8 in Tesco but I've settled on it as my Go To wine.

Covers all the bases - good with pretty much any food, on its own or being poured into your nostril through a funnel.

If they are as good as the yellow tail shiraz then i will have a look for these.

Cheap cdp is 9 quid in Asda at the moment (or it was on Friday).

I still don't think you can better aldi for value. Get on their 'exquisite collection' and you get very decent plan de dieu, cotes du rhone, gigondas etc for between 7 and 9 quid a bottle.

Is it too early in the week to start drinking! Ha

Cheap cdp is 9 quid in Asda at the moment (or it was on Friday).

I still don't think you can better aldi for value. Get on their 'exquisite collection' and you get very decent plan de dieu, cotes du rhone, gigondas etc for between 7 and 9 quid a bottle.

Is it too early in the week to start drinking! Ha

I've just poured a vodka, lime & soda if that helps. I Don't normally drink on a Monday or alone but the bottle winked at me on the counter top.

You may just have persuaded me to set foot in tesco again.