Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Whatever Happened To ( The Likely Lads)

Gonk

All the Euro photos have got me all nostalgic, thinking about some posters who seem to have disappeared from here over the years. I wonder whatevr happened to them:

I'll start with

Captain Zero.

First wways member I met when i went to the CM.

Edited by Gonk

Zozzy is alive & well but doesn't bother with the match anymore. Spends most of his time playing poker. He misses the crack but he is better off away from it all really. He asks about here & misses some of you, especially you Mr Darby, I've got his number if the floors need doing in your new abode.

I presumed some of the posters who'd disappeared were merely posting under a new identity?

I am.

Keep it under your hats tho'. ;) The problem with your football team is it stays for life, so if a crazyy/unhinged person wants to track you down, or otherwise cyberstalk you - well this (and the matches in the flesh) are the perfect place to start.

Think about it, if you've ever wanted to avoid someone, one of the hardest places to do it is at the match.

I presumed some of the posters who'd disappeared were merely posting under a new identity?

I am.

Keep it under your hats tho'. ;) The problem with your football team is it stays for life, so if a crazyy/unhinged person wants to track you down, or otherwise cyberstalk you - well this (and the matches in the flesh) are the perfect place to start.

Think about it, if you've ever wanted to avoid someone, one of the hardest places to do it is at the match.

What was your old username??!

The problem with your football team is it stays for life, so if a crazyy/unhinged person wants to track you down, or otherwise cyberstalk you - well this (and the matches in the flesh) are the perfect place to start.

It's the staring at you and then then "is it you?" comment in Scotts that scares the shit out of me.

There's some weird folk go to the game.

What was your old username??!

Well if I say then the loony will know, they've already had a scouting party on here not long ago - probably with a remit to try and suss me out!

This isn't paranoia or attention seeking BTW, I'm sure most folk have someone like this in their past...

It's the staring at you and then then "is it you?" comment in Scotts that scares the shit out of me.

There's some weird folk go to the game.

I've often pondered that, it must be really bad for thee (being one of the few girls on here). I've had a few folk who lurk but don't post groaning/doing that "urgh?!" sound at me when I've told them who I am on here...

Well if I say then the loony will know, they've already had a scouting party on here not long ago - probably with a remit to try and suss me out!

This isn't paranoia or attention seeking BTW, I'm sure most folk have someone like this in their past...

I've often pondered that, it must be really bad for thee (being one of the few girls on here). I've had a few folk who lurk but don't post groaning/doing that "urgh?!" sound at me when I've told them who I am on here...

You've seriously had some fucker having a pop off here?? Bloody eck

• Site Supporter

I miss Zozzy

Jolly Olly was brothers with another poster on here I think....maybe fat olive?? Not sure....

fuckin hell,of all the insults thrown around on here....

I can confirm I am not Jolly Ollys brother though do know him quite well. 

You've seriously had some fucker having a pop off here?? Bloody eck

Nah, not at all - this is someone of the fairer sex, someone I'm glad to be shut of...I've been told she makes occasional comment on me/my life still on Facebook and the like, despite knowing precisely f*ck all about (the recent) me, bar the odd bit of hearsay or what she's gleaned from spotting me out and about on the rare occasion.

Like I say, this makes it sound like more than it is, but I'm happy to not have what I post on here being scrutinised by them...

They're the type of tedious f*cker who needs to make everyone aware they've just ate some toast - and have overblown the fairly boring life we spent together into some great melodrama...Like I say, I bet everyone has someone like this in their past. I'm not trying to draw attention to owt or make it more than it is.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

They're the type of tedious f*cker who needs to make everyone aware they've just ate some toast - and have overblown the fairly boring life we spent together into some great melodrama...Like I say, I bet everyone has someone like this in their past.

No. :D  I can honestly say I've never been out with a basket case*,  Am I lucky?

*I mean in the mentalist sense not the nutter sense.

No. :D  I can honestly say I've never been out with a basket case*,  Am I lucky?

*I mean in the mentalist sense not the nutter sense.

I dunno, maybe I picked my term wrongly - I just think it's odd to still be taking an interest in someone years after the fact, or paint some picture of a tumultuous and volatile relationship (in order to make yourself seem more 'strong' or interesting than you are) to other people (who don't know me).

I'm glad if you've never met someone like this, I've been lucky or have learned my lesson well since - and I'm on good terms with every single girl I've been out with since...So I think I'll put this one, the one in question down to youthful naivete on my part - and her being dull and short of talking points since we split up.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Site Supporter

There used to be some very entertaining posters on here. 

Who'll ever forget Richard's thread on how to put a new grip on a cricket bat.

Another former half-decent opinionated fucker was Ben Der, not heard from him for a while.

Brixton fell out with us too?

BWFC Zoe, fucking hell, she got to 2 million posts one afternoon!