Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Palace Fans?

tomski

re the palace fucking ultras.

are palace a brand new club or have they been going donkey years ?

we know the answer,so where the hell were they then

Wankers,close the thread please

Blimey, what's got your goat? I get that any group of fans being self-congratulatory can be tedious, but we've been working at the atmosphere at Selhurst for years. Like most clubs our away support was always fine, but ten years ago or so the atmosphere at Selhurst had become absolutely pony. It was just depressing. A group of fans got together in 2003 through the messageboards with the purpose of just singing all match. Then in 2005 another group got together in another stand (which was the HF, our 'ultra' group), again with the aim of signing all game no matter what.

I couldn't really give a toss if we're better than other clubs or not (I'm just glad that Selhurst is a joy to go to again) but it's not a new Premiership driven thing.

Anyway, happy new year. How's Dougie doing?

Blimey, what's got your goat? I get that any group of fans being self-congratulatory can be tedious, but we've been working at the atmosphere at Selhurst for years. Like most clubs our away support was always fine, but ten years ago or so the atmosphere at Selhurst had become absolutely pony. It was just depressing. A group of fans got together in 2003 through the messageboards with the purpose of just singing all match. Then in 2005 another group got together in another stand (which was the HF, our 'ultra' group), again with the aim of signing all game no matter what.

I couldn't really give a toss if we're better than other clubs or not (I'm just glad that Selhurst is a joy to go to again) but it's not a new Premiership driven thing.

Happy new year to you.   Dougie esp on this forum is like marmite.   Widnes has got my goat

Anyway,shouldn't you be beating a drum and tamborine ?

Happy new year to you.   Dougie esp on this forum is like marmite.   Widnes has got my goat

Anyway,shouldn't you be beating a drum and tamborine ?

I was always more of a recorder man. But my rendition of "Mary had a little lamb" has yet to be taken up enthusiastically by the Selhurst faithful.

Spot on that mate.

I wish we had similar revolution.

The atmosphere at the reebok is the worse in the entire league.

It's fucking painful and not enjoyable whatsoever,

Carry on. Palace and Boro home fans (situated near away fans) definitely created a more lively atmosphere than most last season

• Site Supporter

I think it's a great effort and will allow deaf and dumb folk to join in with the atmosphere. 

• Members

Know quite a few Palace fans down here in Perth mate (mainly Sydenham and Penge boys). Good, sound lads with a very healthy interest in Vespa and Lambretta  :thumbsup:

Keep it up at Selhurst. I know it's been tried at our place with North Stand etc. but we'll never overcome not being in our hometown. Competing with duelling banjo's is not easy.

• Members

Some parts of 'Americanisation' are shit but there are plenty of plusses.

Anyone who watched the Chick-fil-A-Bowl with Johnny Football leading the Aggies to a momentous win over Duke will know what I mean.

Not everything American is bad.

Some parts of 'Americanisation' are shit but there are plenty of plusses.

Anyone who watched the Chick-fil-A-Bowl with Johnny Football leading the Aggies to a momentous win over Duke will know what I mean.

Not everything American is bad.

Set the sky box for the BCS bowl I'm sticking with the SEC and going for an Auburn win.

• Members

I do hope you are right Frank. The US company I worked for was based in Milwaukee (hence the Wisconsin Badgers connection) but the coupling factory is in Auburn, Alabama. The Tigers are definitely my 'second' college team. Been to Camp Randall half a dozen times but Jordan Hare only once.

Looking forward to this one.