Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Salford City Reds

no balls

Great second half performance but sadly still went down 14-8 and not often Warrington don't score in a half. We should be a top 6 team this season

Group of misfits who will show themselves to be misfits. Discipline will be a massive problem

Group of misfits who will show themselves to be misfits. Discipline will be a massive problem

Time will tell I suppose but they looked a mean outfit in the last 25 mins and pretty much camped out in Warrington's 22 but lacked that bit of magic with the final pass. The more they play together the better the understanding should develop, which RL team do you support?

[quotte name=mannyroad58" post="1342485" timestamp="1391612145]Yes including directors

I hear they eat kids and are siphoning money out if the rfl to spend on guiness

Marwan is mad as a wasp but bang on the money at the same time. Nice fella.

[quotte name=mannyroad58" post="1342485" timestamp="1391612145]Yes including directors

I hear they eat kids and are siphoning money out if the rfl to spend on guiness

Marwan is mad as a wasp but bang on the money at the same time. Nice fella.

He brought his family and guests into the West stand tonight to cheer the lads on...absolute nutter but he's our nutter

Time will tell I suppose but they looked a mean outfit in the last 25 mins and pretty much camped out in Warrington's 22 but lacked that bit of magic with the final pass. The more they play together the better the understanding should develop, which RL team do you support?

It's obvious isn't it :)

The guys like hock are amazing but as we found last year their lack of discipline can cost you. Great when they play but he was banned for half a season or injured. Madness

Id be disappointed with the signings if I was a Salford fan. Clearly there is an attraction to go there and they have some money to throw about. Yet a lot of there signings are players well beyond there best. Morley and meli especially. They had a great chance to sign up some solid team players and build something. They could of snapped up some good ens from the likes of hull fc and kr with money behind em.

Can't help think at the end of this season they will need another upheaval to then try again

The plan was always about building a team over the next 2 to 3 seasons. The objective this season is to make the play-offs so I don't believe that is unrealistic and I expect there'll be a few more additions next season to build on this season. Whatever happens it'll be tons better than the drivel we've been subjected to over the last decade.

Edited by Salford Trotter

• Moderators

the gay welsh bear is bitter, thats all

i listened to koukash and he made some decent points

tbf, the fella from rl wasn'ta complete nob, either

fwiw, i think the super league has to accept its second best and always will be to nrl

it will continue losing the talent to australia or union (cos aus is sunny and ru is a better game)

sponsors and money men have plenty options in the uk before they start looking at rl

itd be different if it was the m25 game and not the m62 one but thats just the way it is

It's not that at all. It's the total disregard he is showing towards the rules and regulations of the game. People like him will not benefit the game in the way the rfl have been saying they want it. It will go back to no home grown lads and just a load of old oz fuckwits

i listened to koukash and he made some decent points

tbf, the fella from rl wasn'ta complete nob, either

fwiw, i think the super league has to accept its second best and always will be to nrl

it will continue losing the talent to australia or union (cos aus is sunny and ru is a better game)

sponsors and money men have plenty options in the uk before they start looking at rl

itd be different if it was the m25 game and not the m62 one but thats just the way it is

RU is not a better game. It just has much better money nowadays.

Compare and contrast the quality of play in tonight's Wigan game and tomorrow's England one.

RU has the good fortune to be an upper/middle class, southern sport. Hence far more money knocking about among the fanbase that can be squeezed out of them so the more advertisers will pay. Similar to golf and F1, the amount of sponsorship money is way higher than you'd expect based just on numbers of fans

Edited by Pie Eater

his view is that the best home grown lads won't be playing rl in england

i've not heard an argument yet that convinces me he's wrong

They will but the need for success means our kids will be overlooked and had been oz lads played instead