Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Man. And Scythe Anyone?

anewman

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was driving to Westhoughton early one morning and cut through that country road where Lostock Open Air school was. It started getting foggy and at the top of the hill what looked to be an old woman was stood in the middle of the road. I fucking shit myself,slammed on and ended up in the hedge thinking I'd killed someone. Went back to check and obviously found nowt apart from a rank smell. Caretaker came out of the school and said it was 3rd time something similar had happened

Think I've seen 2, the one that stands out is the one I was on a train to sheffield and it had just gone through stockport, I was daydreaming out the window when we passed this church with a woman stood over a grave in the churchyard holding flowers, what was wierd was that there was a bloke with white hair and beard stood to her left shoulder wearing red and white striped pyjamas. By the time I'd computed what I had seen the train had passed and gone out of site

• Members

Savvy bit of PR by the pubs new management

That's what I thunked.

Everyone's always known about the place being haunted.  New owners suddenly capture 'evidence' on CCTV. What a coincidence.

Fair play to 'em though.

That's what I thunked.

Everyone's always known about the place being haunted.  New owners suddenly capture 'evidence' on CCTV. What a coincidence.

Fair play to 'em though.

Yes, every credit to them, Half of the nobs on Facebook are going on about it

Working in Terminal 1 years back when it was all refurbed and i was down in the depths of the airport (only 1 way in and out via the goods lift) i was in a small room chatting to my foreman (he was telling me what a brilliant job i was doing) when over his shoulder a bloke in a long brown coat walked passed the doorway i just stopped and said "who the fuck was that" and went straight to the doorway, the goods lift wasn't there and it was a dead end (pardon the pun). I pushed the button and me an the foreman got in the lift back up to the security desk and my foreman taking the piss told the security fella who said "he's been seen loads of times, it's an old pilot who wanders around, don't worry he won't do you any harm, needless to say i never went back down there on my own

Working in Terminal 1 years back when it was all refurbed and i was down in the depths of the airport (only 1 way in and out via the goods lift) i was in a small room chatting to my foreman (he was telling me what a brilliant job i was doing) when over his shoulder a bloke in a long brown coat walked passed the doorway i just stopped and said "who the fuck was that" and went straight to the doorway, the goods lift wasn't there and it was a dead end (pardon the pun). I pushed the button and me an the foreman got in the lift back up to the security desk and my foreman taking the piss told the security fella who said "he's been seen loads of times, it's an old pilot who wanders around, don't worry he won't do you any harm, needless to say i never went back down there on my own

What a girl !!

On the funny side of that

A couple of days later 2 of us where down there and we were waiting for another lad to turn up when we heard the goods lift coming down so i hid at the side of the door waiting for him. I heard the inside door open and then the outside door open and at that point i jumped out and shouted BOO and the bloke fell backwards in the lift onto the lift floor holding his chest shouting "FFS FFS" but to my suprise it was a complete stranger

Oh how we all laughed