Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Yaya Trotter

anewman

“I have got an idea how I want the game to be played and unfortunately I’ve been put in a position where some of the players either can’t play like that or don’t want to, so I’ve had to change things round,”

See, that annoys me a bit, it shows his stubborn side.

It's your job as a manager to find a formation and system to suit the players you have, not moan when you don't have what you need.

Always been in the Dougie in camp, and hoping next season we kick on from the back end of this season, he has 12-15 games for me next season, judge him after that.

12-15 is too long.

We were fucked after 10 this season.

I beg to differ 22 points over 16 games is 1.375 per game, over a season would get you 63 points, if we win on Saturday we'll be on 61. It's bang middle of the table form rather than play-offs.

Its not far off playoff form though.

it doesn't take a massive improvement from 1.375 points per game to make the playoffs.

We have only scraped towards bog average by having a good run recently.

• Moderators

It takes 10 points, which if you are on 63 points is a 15.87% improvement. Another way is you'd have to overtake 6 teams, which in a league of 24 is 25%. Also, that's bottom end play-offs, to be certain you'd need to factor in another 3 points.

It takes 10 points, which if you are on 63 points is a 15.87% improvement. Another way is you'd have to overtake 6 teams, which in a league of 24 is 25%. Also, that's bottom end play-offs, to be certain you'd need to factor in another 3 points.

Not easy but doable I suppose as Wigan have proved. You certainly wouldn't want to be much worse off than Wigan were at the stage they sacked Coyle then I suppose or it starts becoming a miracle job.

What do we want as a bog standard minimum after 10 games from Dougie next season then do we think? I think 14 points is the minimum we should expect.

I see Freedman's contact is up in June 2015 so surely we cant use the excuse of it costing too much for not sacking him if the need arises?

Then again do we think the club will just let the next season run barring a major disaster and decide towards the end of the season so it costs nothing to get rid??

• Moderators

depends what the aims are for next season

they've changed enough times this season...

I presume we're all expecting play offs at least?

it may not be ED and PGs aim though, as we've been told enough times this season

depends what the aims are for next season

they've changed enough times this season...

I presume we're all expecting play offs at least?

it may not be ED and PGs aim though, as we've been told enough times this season

What the fuck was their aim then? Stumble through most of the season playing shit football with shit results?

It should be playoffs as a minimum imo.

If the loan players go back (especially Juke) & Dougie is given no money to spend. I'd be happy with survival in the championship.

If we keep the loan players & Dougie gets £10million to spend, i'd expect a minimum of the play offs.

The point being that, even though we're all hoping for at least the play offs, it's a bit pointless trying to set any targets for next season until we see how the summer's dealings pan out.

If the loan players go back (especially Juke) & Dougie is given no money to spend. I'd be happy with survival in the championship.

If we keep the loan players & Dougie gets £10million to spend, i'd expect a minimum of the play offs.

The point being that, even though we're all hoping for at least the play offs, it's a bit pointless trying to set any targets for next season until we see how the summer's dealings pan out.

Would you entrust Dougie with £10m?

This might sound Bertie big bollocks but im not arsed about the summers dealings. 

If a club of our size/stature has now revised its aims to just survive in the championship we may as well just shut the doors and fuck it off.

This might sound Bertie big bollocks but im not arsed about the summers dealings. 

If a club of our size/stature has now revised its aims to just survive in the championship we may as well just shut the doors and fuck it off.

Aims are meaningless. More important is what you have the means to do.