Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Yaya Trotter

anewman

A point I've been making for a long time, but I fear we'll start slowly again and be no better off.

Turn 5 of those home draws against poor teams into wins and we would have been in the play offs. A few more points in the first ten games, same thing. For me, it's a poor division and to be in the top 6 is not a massive ask.

Turn 5 of those home draws against poor teams into wins and we would have been in the play offs. A few more points in the first ten games, same thing. For me, it's a poor division and to be in the top 6 is not a massive ask.

True

But, beyond Dougie

And just to play devil's advocate, we could quite easily have not won some of the games we did win.

It works both ways.

I'm not anti-DF, don't fall into that trap.

I hope he's still in charge this time next year, because that would suggest we'd had a decent season.

I just don't think he should be allowed to stay in a job, if the play-offs become an unrealistic target.

We will never get promoted with Freedmans tactics. Hes not brave enough. We will finish about where we have this year. I reckon to go up you need to commit to winning a game. Not sitting back and letting inferior opposition play.

• Moderators

Then he wouldn't have been bright enough to have made all that money

How much barrel scraping are you doing IN ADVANCE to excuse DF?

Amazing....

not scraping any barrels

i'm very confident douglas will be successful in meeting the targets set out for him

just dunno what they will be

not scraping any barrels

i'm very confident douglas will be successful in meeting the targets set out for him

just dunno what they will be

How can you be so confident?

You have no idea if he was anywhere near targets set this year as we don't know what they were either

I think we are going in the right direction, next week's ins and outs will be telling. DF has an eye for a player & with £60k+ a week freed up with the likely release of Mears, Eagles & Knight he will finally have some room for manoeuvre.

• Site Supporter

Ref Eagles, Not great business or management was it.

He was a saleable asset last season.

Yes I know, providing we could find a buyer.

But I don't believe he will struggle finding a club.

Edited by HomerJay

Ref Eagles, Not great business or management was it.

He was a saleable asset last season.

Yes I know, providing we could find a buyer.

But I don't believe he will struggle finding a club.

It doesn't appear so but as much as I don't rate DF and co, they're not that daft

I can only assume this was completely unavoidable. At times he's been the best player in the division so something behind the scenes must be very, very wrong

Who came in for Eagles when he was available for loan a couple of months ago? Just Charlton & Ipswich wasn't it?

Given he was on Premiership wages no club in the Championship would buy him & can you reasonably see a Premiership team being interested?