Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Latest Odds

globaldiver

Hughton's record is just as good. Promoted as champions with Newcastle and play-offs with Birmingham.

Up to now he's not been anywhere long enough for me to give him the tag safe hands the Birmingham team he took over was recently relegated so still had a lot of quality and they lost the play off, same with Newcastle still had lots of quality and players like Kevin Nolan make it a lot easier, he's not for me, too nice and don't see the desire or drive.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

What we should be looking towards considering the position we are in, is a good man manager! 

We can agree, some of the players we have in the first team are not good enough but, we need someone who can get whoever we have on our books, playing to their full potential.

I believe Dougie is / was not, that type of person.

He understood the working of a club in every aspect but, this is where he should be .... on the backroom club staff and not a team manager.

He has done more for the club in general off the pitch than on it!

We now need someone who will lead by example, show spirit, grit and determination to fight for their position, their mates and the club we all love.

Who that man  or woman is.... you decide?

Dig deeper.

O.K. Mackay had just two full seasons at Cardiff. He also inherited a team that had reached the play-offs in the previous two seasons.

Prior to that he was at Watford where the highest they finished was 14th.

Edited by COYW

The only folk on this thread strongly against the appointment are a bloke who lives thousands of miles away riding scooters, a fella who's said he's never going so often people have stopped caring and NB who is NB and develops irrational hatreds of folks.

There's people with reservations as you'd get with most managerial appointments, and i must admit i have my reservations too.

Certainly nothing making me thing Lennon shouldn't get the job as none of the other candidates mooted strike me as being 'the one' either

The more I read about him,the more I admire the bollocks of the man.

Not many other managers would put up with being attacked in the street,attacked by supporters from the stands,bullets sent in the post and his name constantly dragged through the mud.

Fair play to the bloke for sticking it out.

Moaners in the west stand throwing their screwed up werthers wrappers to the floor in anger will seem like small fry to him.

low blow:)

O.K. Mackay had just two full seasons at Cardiff. He also inherited a team that had reached the play-offs in the previous two seasons.

Prior to that he was at Watford where the highest they finished was 14th.

Exactly and the same can be said about the other candidates on the surface good football names scratch below the surface and their records unravel pretty quickly, similar to Coyle at Burnley his team was built by Howe.

Exactly and the same can be said about the other candidates on the surface good football names scratch below the surface and their records unravel pretty quickly, similar to Coyle at Burnley his team was built by Howe.

I suppose there has to be an element of gamble involved or lets face it, these lads would be prem managers now.

Fwiw I still think the Bwfc job is very appealing to outsiders with our stadium and infrastructure as well as our recent history.

I think any of the final candidate will effectively be a good appointment as I originally had fears of a mike phelan, Nicky butt dream team.

I thought i was being fair there.

You don't like the fella you have your reasons fair enough.

I'm not saying he's the messiah nor s he a very naughty boy either.

so if I have my reasons its therefore not irrational.

Picking out individual posters who aren't keen you need to probably think first before you post. Are you going to have a pop at Ani & Smiffs too?

Bloody hell NB it was meant to be light hearted!

OK I missed a yorkshireman and a wigginer (just to keep them not keen on me) on my list of folk who are vehemently against his appointment it's still only 5 people on the thread.

I think we know the reasons why the majority of those don't like him.

And it's fook all to do with football.

• Site Supporter

anyone that brings us out of relegation , and keeps us up will have done a good job..

We haven't had a solid team for 4/5 years now and that's what needs to be built, none of this "squad system" malarkey.. We're a small championship team and cant afford a squad in depth, which is what has got us in this mess..

Andrews, CYL, Trotter, Pratley, Spearing, Feeney, Danns, Hall, Vela, Garvan, Medo, Holden, Hughes, Herd...  14 "decent" midfielders all who will be on decent money, we're just flittering away money that could be better spent, (I know Andrews is on loan, but we will still be paying some wages). Alongside wasting money on youngsters like Fraser and Robinson, despite having midfielders a plenty and up-and-coming ones...

its no wonder we're skint..

I think we know the reasons why the majority of those don't like him.

And it's fook all to do with football.

What has he actually done? He is accused of being anti-remembrance but there's plenty of photos of him wearing a poppy. Then he is supposed to enjoy a good old IRA sing song when he is on the record attacking sectarian chants & accusing Scottish based Celtic fans of knowing f@ck all about the realities of the situation in Northern Ireland.