Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Latest Odds

globaldiver

Have a missed something? What has he said done? He played for Northern Ireland but was Catholic. Big fucking deal. Is he connected to the IRA or summat? We're sounding like them small time fucktards in Scotland. We're Bolton Wanderers if he does the biz fuck it I'm happy. My choice would be Mowbray btw.

Too many negatives with all the key candidates I keep coming back to one man Phil Brown, come on Gartside do the right thing.

Mounts, how would the Lennon appointment go down with the Walkden whites? Being one of our most loyal/vocal groups but with heavy and active Rangers ties what are their thoughts on this potential appointment?

Mounts, how would the Lennon appointment go down with the Walkden whites? Being one of our most loyal/vocal groups but with heavy and active Rangers ties what are their thoughts on this potential appointment?

Badly with the Rangers followers and there's quite a few others are just Bolton and think most of them would not be as anti but do we want any disunity? I don't think we need that in any way shape or form. Think from that point of view it would be a crazy appointment.

There's clearly disunity even before he comes (and it's an if) from reading the 'if you don't like it then fuck off' posts.

Especially seeing as I think I've only seen 1 I'm not coming again post & that's from someone who's finished with the club more times than Soft Mick anyway

There's clearly disunity even before he comes (and it's an if) from reading the 'if you don't like it then fuck off' posts.

Especially seeing as I think I've only seen 1 I'm not coming again post & that's from someone who's finished with the club more times than Soft Mick anyway

If we don't employ a manager who the club (theoretically) thinks is the right man for the job because of his religion and the fact that he was once manager of a catholic-leaning club, then we truly are fucked. Not least because:

1. We will be employing a second choice manager for the wrong reasons. We need the best person for the job.

2. It indicates we haven't moved on since the 19th century.

3. We previously had a catholic manager with ROI caps who was welcomed with open arms initially.

Thankfully (as the post above points out) the vast majority don't seem to care about his religion or Scottish football in general. They just want someone who will fire a team up the table.

I'm just glad it's not going to be Phil Brown. No idea what his religion is, by the way.

I really couldn't give a shit about Lennon's religious beliefs tbh. The main thing is, can he do a job for BWFC? Imo I think he can and I would welcome him with open arms. 

My Mrs comes from Ulster and she is from a staunch Catholic family, I'm church of England. We've been married for 18 years and we've never discussed religion to this day.

If we don't employ a manager who the club (theoretically) thinks is the right man for the job because of his religion and the fact that he was once manager of a catholic-leaning club, then we truly are fucked. Not least because:

1. We will be employing a second choice manager for the wrong reasons. We need the best person for the job.

2. It indicates we haven't moved on since the 19th century.

3. We previously had a catholic manager with ROI caps who was welcomed with open arms initially.

Thankfully (as the post above points out) the vast majority don't seem to care about his religion or Scottish football in general. They just want someone who will fire a team up the table.

I'm just glad it's not going to be Phil Brown. No idea what his religion is, by the way.

He's orange, from memory

Just got rid of one!

Did we though? Despite the name, there's no evidence he was a practicing Jew. Unless someone can produce a link to the contrary.

• Members

Can't believe I have been pulling on a clackers shirt with you!! I am outraged and off to comment on the daily mail and join the Garside out campaigns!!

Fear not. My dad is a left footer.

Oh, and I went out with a bird from Dublin once (very small, 30B tops).

Politics & religion have no place in football.

There's a lot of Bowtun lads with Rangers leanings, there's also lots of Bowtun lads with Catholic backgrounds, I've seen them attend games & enjoy each others company for decades, it's never been an issue, so why should it now?

Lennon as manager? Well it's not my choice, however it's a decision made purely on footballing reasons, timing of where we're at & what we need to change our situation positively.

If he is appointed, I think it will be monumentally disastrous, or a successful masterstroke. I can't see any middle ground somehow.

If he is appointed, he'll get my support until his performance as a manager reaches a point of no return.

Simple really.

This, with SuperWhite knobs on.

Have a missed something? What has he said done? He played for Northern Ireland but was Catholic. Big fucking deal. Is he connected to the IRA or summat? We're sounding like them small time fucktards in Scotland. We're Bolton Wanderers if he does the biz fuck it I'm happy. My choice would be Mowbray btw.

Well said my man! A very sensible viewpoint and one that some of the bigots on here would do well to adopt. If he gets the job, get behind him and get us out of this fckin mess!