Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 3 Brentford 1

davidjack

Pratley has been asked to play out of position ie left side due our previous manager not having the common sense to have

a balance of midfielders.He has done the job to the best of his ability & his workrate as others have mentioned has been excellent

he is limited in this position but we don't look as exposed down that flank as previously (Derby & Bournemouth games)

Until Lennon can recruit a decent leftside midfielder who can tackle & has a good engine Pratters will be in the team .Davies is

brilliant on the ball but useless off it as his tracking back is sketchy at best.

What is unforgivable is the barracking , even Beckford as bad as he is isn't going to improve with people slagging him off from first to last minute.

Gr8 day Saturday. The kids absolutely loved it. Thought chungy danns spearing and dervite were excellent. Beckford was biz. He was constantly offside and his first touch poor. Thought there was more on than said. The north lower was far busier than the Bournemouth game. Getting the bug again and the kids are on the streets

singing Neil Lennon's super white army. Looking forward to Cardiff game.

Guest pansyroadwhite

Gr8 day Saturday. The kids absolutely loved it. Thought chungy danns spearing and dervite were excellent. Beckford was biz. He was constantly offside and his first touch poor. Thought there was more on than said. The north lower was far busier than the Bournemouth game. Getting the bug again and the kids are on the streets

I agree, the North stand looked far fuller than usual, thought it would have been near 15000

I didn't think Dervite looked comfortable at all. He worries me

Just recalled that block by their lad who absolutely charged at it and it walloped him. Fair play to him, that was one for the team

I worry more about mills. He doesn't look comfortable when he has the ball that's why he tends to hoof it. It's funny how people have different opinions on the game and see different things but it makes it interesting! Personally I think when wheater is fit one of them will make way. Which way will Lennon see it?

I worry more about mills. He doesn't look comfortable when he has the ball that's why he tends to hoof it. It's funny how people have different opinions on the game and see different things but it makes it interesting! Personally I think when wheater is fit one of them will make way. Which way will Lennon see it?

Indeed

For me Mills is very comfortable on the ball; he often tries the floaty or pinged champagne ball rather than the simple one to feet. Because he knows he can sometimes pull it off. This then looks like an aimless hoof. It does mean he gives it away too much, but it certainly appears deliberate

Thought dervite had a good game, he's better than mills on the ball and can bring it out , which creates space for other players . Mills is more of a rock and never loses a header. He has been hoofing it a lot lately but he did do a few half decent shortish passes forward.NL will have him passin better I'm sure.

I wouldn't swap any of them 2.

Enjoyed the game and the apres ski as I always do. Certainly much more promising and I believe we can be optimistic about the future under NL.

A couple of minor points - did they count the  Brentford fans on the way out as well as coming in? There only looked about 400 to me.

Thought the ref was far too trigger happy awarding free kicks each time there was any physical contact - I suffer more serious challenges trying to board commuter trains at Trinity Street every morning!  

Soon as they fell over the ref blew for a foul. I thought there was as many Brentford fans as we had at Charlton. About 500. What happened with feeney? Didn't even make the bench. Out of favour?

Sat with Trotter behind the dugout for the 1st half, then did some running on the pitch with one of the coaches at half time. I'd guess he's got a knock, Lennon doesn't strike me as the kind of manager that would start someone in his 1st 2 games then completely leave them out in the 3rd... It does sound familiar from somewhere though

Saturday was excellent the whole buzz and feel was so much better, the atmosphere was not bouncing but that can come with time.

There are plenty who in last few seasons have stopped going so we need to get them back , maybe if we can do well in televised games next two weeks that will help.

With regards Pratley he does a good job without the ball (DF would be delighted), every long ball out of defence goes his way as the rest are so small, he covers back and breaks well, but he looks out of sorts with ball at his feet cos he ain't a left winger. Danns playing creates a nice issue as otherwise you could play him wider and let Pratley go central. I personally would have Medo central and Danns wide

Saturday was excellent the whole buzz and feel was so much better, the atmosphere was not bouncing but that can come with time.

There are plenty who in last few seasons have stopped going so we need to get them back , maybe if we can do well in televised games next two weeks that will help.

With regards Pratley he does a good job without the ball (DF would be delighted), every long ball out of defence goes his way as the rest are so small, he covers back and breaks well, but he looks out of sorts with ball at his feet cos he ain't a left winger. Danns playing creates a nice issue as otherwise you could play him wider and let Pratley go central. I personally would have Medo central and Danns wide

You would think Medo central and Danns wide left would be a good solution but Medo just seems to be not in the managers thoughts hes not had a sniff of a game yet, maybe hes just not good enough.