Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

• Site Supporter

A weird incident. I initially thought something was thrown from the crowd. Son put his head in his hands then it showed the Everton lad being cuddled by two team mates. Thought something had hit him in the face.

Still a bit confused as to why the card was issued that way. Guess it will come out later.

Now an equaliser.

4 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Preston going about their work quietly

worth a punt on promotion 

Loads of time for PNE and their manager.  That's what a proper manager looks like, gets hold of a club, doesn't spend a lot and stamps his style and authority on it and has everyone playing to their maximum, in a defined system.  I suspect they won't hang onto top 6 because they seem to be getting a ridiculous number of penalties and that sort of luck cant continue. But how bad were Charlton?  Pratley as anonymous as we all remember, and Bowyer apparently describes him as priceless.  Combined with some people saying Murphy played well for us yesterday, I'm doubting my own eyes, I just don't get it.

7 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Every team needs a Darren Pratley. Keeps the engine turning over. You miss him when he’s not there even though you wouldn’t realise it when he is.

But only people who understand the game Properly can see this. 
so many managers cannot be wrong about him?

also Charlton man for man are bottom 3 of that division. So every single player must have played out their skin to have them up there. No room for passengers. Including pratley

45 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Every team needs a Darren Pratley. Keeps the engine turning over. You miss him when he’s not there even though you wouldn’t realise it when he is.

That's my opinion too, no wonder clueless Coyle didn't play him.

14 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

But he couldn't tackle, stay on his feet, pass, shoot, head, take a free kick or use his left foot. Lowe and Bridcutt streets ahead of him, as is Cullen who's also at Charlton. 

But he can do all of these things in reality 

not a patch on bridcutt from what we’ve seen so far I will agree 

18 hours ago, Traf said:

A goal every 5 games in 3 Championship seasons for Swansea prior to signing for us would suggest he had something about him.

I'm not a big one for stats because it's not all about goals but since you mention it he scored 26 in 177 for a very attack minded, successful Swansea, 1 in 6.8. Career goals are 45 in 446, 1 in 10. But better players than pratley (Bridcutt, lowe) score less so i'm not beating him with that stick, just saying it doesn't make up for his many shortcomings.