Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

2 hours ago, MickyD said:

Just watching United v City and Rashford receives the ball about a yard offside. Linesman doesn’t flag. Play goes on, and a crunching tackle inside the City goalmouth. THEN the flag goes up. What if that crunching tackle had been like the Jonny the cunt Evans on Holden which ended his career?

This lack of flag; what is the theory behind not stopping the game?

Bloody annoys me that.  Happened to Josh Earle 5 minutes in at Wycombe where he knackered his ankle tackling a bloke who was a yard offside.  Linesman then flagged.

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Teams struggle against them playing a false 9, especially with KDB moving across the line, no one knows who should be picking him up.

Gundogan is an incredibly underrated player 

Was you the 'unnamed member of staff that couldn't travel' due to positive covid test?

• Members
Just now, Alf Hartigan said:

Was you the 'unnamed member of staff that couldn't travel' due to positive covid test?

I don’t travel to games anymore. Think I was listed as a staff member who got it though, the other day 

• Site Supporter
Just now, Rudy said:

I don’t travel to games anymore. Think I was listed as a staff member who got it though, the other day 

OK was on talk sport today that two players had been tested positive and an unnamed member of staff,

immediately thought it might be you

• Members
1 minute ago, Alf Hartigan said:

OK was on talk sport today that two players had been tested positive and an unnamed member of staff,

immediately thought it might be you

First team physio has it from Sunday. 
3 Back room staff as well one which is me 

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

I can't see there being a weeks mourning because United lost a behind closed doors League Cup tie during the plague

A resurgent City is bad news for Liverpool which is great for me

So your admitting the season is probably between Liverpool and City despite United's fairly lofty presence at the top of the league? 

3 minutes ago, MickyD said:

So your admitting the season is probably between Liverpool and City despite United's fairly lofty presence at the top of the league? 

I have said a few times I think United have the 4th best squad, City, Liverpool and Chelsea having better ones.I don't expect the 4th best squad to win the league.

10 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

I have said a few times I think United have the 4th best squad, City, Liverpool and Chelsea having better ones.I don't expect the 4th best squad to win the league.

So Leicester had the best squad on paper when they won it using the same logic? 

Another away win for Accrington, if they win games in hand they are top of League One, realistically 2nd if they get 4 points from 2 games.  Just stopping up in that league is an achievement for them.

What a job John Coleman has done over the years.  (2 ex Wanderers in their midfield tonight).

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Another away win for Accrington, if they win games in hand they are top of League One, realistically 2nd if they get 4 points from 2 games.  Just stopping up in that league is an achievement for them.

What a job John Coleman has done over the years.  (2 ex Wanderers in their midfield tonight).

Pritchard and?

• Moderators
50 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

My mistake I was thinking of Callum Connelly, had it in my mind he went to Accy but it was Fleetwood.  Accy have a different Connelly in their midfield.  Never rated him anyway!

fair enuff, I had to double check Pritchard TBH, vaguely remember the name but little else