Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, gonzo said:

VAR had an absolute shocker across the board today.

Apparently Newcastle hard done by after the ref reviewed itĀ 

Don't think I've seen a ref stick by their decision after being told to reviewĀ 

• Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, Zico said:

Seen a ref stick with his original decision once, but can't remember who it was nor what game.

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

VAR had an absolute shocker across the board today.

A bad idea, badly implemented & decides multiple matches every week.

Once it goes to VAR the very least they should do is get it fckg right.

If it takes 5 minutes and 20 angles then the original principles of "clear and obvious errors" are not being adhered to. It needs scrapping until they work out how to use it.Ā 

12 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

A bad idea, badly implemented & decides multiple matches every week.

Once it goes to VAR the very least they should do is get it fckg right.

If it takes 5 minutes and 20 angles then the original principles of "clear and obvious errors" are not being adhered to. It needs scrapping until they work out how to use it.Ā 

All correct.

It took them 5 minutes to decide about a penalty in the Forest game today. Utterly ridiculous.

We need at least to be hearing what is being said.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Zico said:

Ā 

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Seen a ref stick with his original decision once, but can't remember who it was nor what game.

Watching motd and the ref did just that with the forest penaltyĀ 

19 minutes ago, tomski said:

VAR is a subjective tool based on another 3 blokes opinions and itā€™s why it will never work for me.

Goal line is objective and sits with the ref and is instant. Works.

VAR is for the arm chair fans and the tv drama.

The principle of VAR is getting more decisions right so it is sound the implementation is terrible.

On a slightly separate note although involving a VAR decision Richarladson ( however it is spelt) was booking for celebrating a goal today by removing his shirt. The goal was disallowed by VAR. Seems harsh but he is a cunt.Ā 

9 minutes ago, Ani said:

The principle of VAR is getting more decisions right so it is sound the implementation is terrible.

On a slightly separate note although involving a VAR decision Richarladson ( however it is spelt) was booking for celebrating a goal today by removing his shirt. The goal was disallowed by VAR. Seems harsh but he is a cunt.Ā 

Have to disagree on the principle as I think itā€™s effectively having additional refs who clearly have different opinions deeming it a subjective issue and not black or white which is only what technology should be used for.

I do agree if it was executed better theyā€™d be less anger too it. Problem is while itā€™s different people with different opinions Iā€™m not sure how it improves. 8 of us watching Everton v Liverpool before hand. 4 said onside and 4 offside. Needs to be one blokes decision.

The Richarlison booking standing is complete bollocks once the goal was chalked off.

Just now, Dr. Feelgood said:

There's a rule saying players shouldn't remove their shirts. A booking is issued to those who do.

He removed his shirt.

So he gets booked.

I hear you but he removed his shirt as theyā€™d given a goal. It wouldnā€™t of happened if they hadnā€™t given the goal. Once that reversed all after should be expunged similarly to any passage of play after a ā€˜correctedā€™ decision would be.