Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Champions League goals show on BT is the place to be it's like an extension of Trans Europa Express. Just a load of unashamedly geeky blokes watching games.

Love it 

Genuinely look forward to it more then any other football show 

4 minutes ago, Zico said:

Aye, the goal scorer city have been missing 

Do wonder if kane would've been as prolific with those players around him 

I wonder the same but see Haaland (from what I've seen so far) as potential to be way better than Kane. 

He's an animal. He's like Ronaldo at the top of his game but the age when Ronaldo was weak as piss at united first time 

• Site Supporter
22 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Champions League goals show on BT is the place to be it's like an extension of Trans Europa Express. Just a load of unashamedly geeky blokes watching games.

If, like tonight I get the TV to myself on a CL night, it’s my goto. 

Very good coverage going around the grounds with all the goals and action. Love your term “unashamedly geeky blokes” 😂

• Moderators
Just now, stevieb said:

I wonder the same but see Haaland (from what I've seen so far) as potential to be way better than Kane. 

He's an animal. He's like Ronaldo at the top of his game but the age when Ronaldo was weak as piss at united first time 

I reckon it haunts Kane and he cries himself to sleep every night 

As for Ronaldo, saw at stat that went something like Haaland would still have to score 40 a season every season till he's the same age as Ronaldo is now to match his career tally

3 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Nicky Hunt rather than Mike Whitlow got to cut him in half. 

4 minutes ago, Zico said:

I reckon it haunts Kane and he cries himself to sleep every night 

As for Ronaldo, saw at stat that went something like Haaland would still have to score 40 a season every season till he's the same age as Ronaldo is now to match his career tally

Yeah but he's currently a Munich cunt again so until he leaves (again) we can't mention him in a positive way. 

15 minutes ago, Zico said:

Love it 

Genuinely look forward to it more then any other football show 

1 minute ago, desperado said:

That 5 mins summed it up! 6 or was it 7 goals.

Loved one of the guys exclamations “Good Lord” 😂

It's great, none of them former players yet you could listen to them talk about the game all day.

Dad jokes, niche facts, general chaos happening and James Richardson just embracing it!

Seriously I reckon it's pretty shit being a City fan.  

They are currently thumping Seville away in the CL. Their 3rd has just gone in and the camera cuts to the away fans and most of them haven't even got out of their seat to celebrate the goal. I've noticed similar reactions when City play at home in the PL.

Being so good means that the only excitement they will get is at the end of the season when the trophies are up for grabs. By that I mean the CL, not the PL.

1 minute ago, Underpants said:

They are currently thumping Seville away in the CL. Their 3rd has just gone in and the camera cuts to the away fans and most of them haven't even got out of their seat to celebrate the goal. I've noticed similar reactions when City play at home in the PL.

I've noticed it a couple of times as well, just a little blast of a cheer then camera goes to crowd and some aren't even clapping 🤣

11 minutes ago, Underpants said:

Being so good means that the only excitement they will get is at the end of the season when the trophies are up for grabs. By that I mean the CL, not the PL.

In the legendary Colin Todd 99 points season I don’t think every goal was celebrated with same early enthusiasm when it was realised we were shit hot. and we really we’re fucking shit hot. 

I think expectation and anticipation can temper emotional responses.  

16 minutes ago, L/H White said:

It's not exciting tho

Liverpool far more entertaining to watch 

Imo 

Couldnt care less if its exciting. They're not my team.

Just sit back and enjoy a collection of the worlds best players, led by the worlds best coaching staff play devastating sublime football.

Its like making love to a beautiful lady young man. No need to rush in a waz your load. Enjoy it, take your time and savour the beauty of it.

3 minutes ago, Morizio said:

In the legendary Colin Todd 99 points season I don’t think every goal was celebrated with same early enthusiasm when it was realised we were shit hot. and we really we’re fucking shit hot. 

I think expectation and anticipation can temper emotional responses.  

I get what you are saying. Apart from the CL City have aimed and hit every target they have gone for on a regular basis. Familiarity breeds contempt.