Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

• Members
1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Anyone see Watkins' interview on Motd after Saturday's game?

He also celebrated in a controversial manner, but his interview was quite revealing.

I thought Watkins was absolutely right.. Good on him.

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Anyone see Watkins' interview on Motd after Saturday's game?

He also celebrated in a controversial manner, but his interview was quite revealing.

8 hours ago, DazBob said:

I didn't see it

What happened?

• Members
1 hour ago, Zico said:

I didn't see it

What happened?

Scored then walked into the net and just stood there pointing at one bloke who'd been giving him shit all game. Didn't say "fuck you " or anything, but it was a massive fuck you.

Asked after the game if he'd do it again, he said yes. Good on him.

Edited by DazBob

25 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Scored then walked into the net and just stood there pointing at one bloke who'd been giving him shit all game. Didn't say "fuck you " or anything, but it was a massive fuck you.

Asked after the game if he'd do it again, he said yes. Good on him.

No issue with Watkins' response. Stood inside the net and didn't say anything.

Sitting on the ad boards, off the pitch, is asking for trouble.

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, DazBob said:

Yes, I think he made a good point.

Taking a holistic view, it may be better if a player could simply ignore it, but they're human beings, it's an emotional game, and the abuse levels these days are off the scale.

Can't blame the lad really, and it was a muted action.

Remember reading in Andy Morrisons book about some bloke giving him personal abuse when was assistant manager for Andy Preece at an away game.

He didnt want to let his mate down and get involved on the day and figured this bloke was a regular as he was in full attire and stood behind dugouts.

They had a home game the following weds and his team werent playing so he drove up there and went in the stand and saw the bloke giving abuse to the teams staff again.

He followed him to the toilets and smashed his face in.

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, DazBob said:

I hated the fact the interviewer listened to all he’d said, in detail, and then asked him, “We’re there any racial comments?”

Well, I don’t know about anyone else but I reckon if there had been, he’d probably have already said so. 

11 hours ago, Traf said:

Reminds me of how quick we break too 😉

By the time Leicester’s goal went in on the counter-attack, we’d have been watching Santos touch it for the third time!

Fred Ayre, in 'A breath of Fresh Air' (highly recommended, despite it being outdated now) spoke of a guy in tje stands at Springfield Park who gave him persistent dogs abuse, even when warming up.

He'd spotted him but thought he'd never get the opportunity to give him some back. Until, that is, he needed a washing machine repairing. The plumber arrived & guess who it was.

The bloke obviously recognised him but nothing was said. Until, that is, the guy needed a different tool, or washer, or spicy a bit of water when Ayre proceeded to give him untold abuse.

Good man Mr. Ayre.

3 minutes ago, MickyD said:

I hated the fact the interviewer listened to all he’d said, in detail, and then asked him, “We’re there any racial comments?”

... & good for Watkins for burying that idea. All to easy to throw that card in.

(Would have been fun tbh if he'd asked the interviewer "Why ? Are you implying I'm nothing more than a block guy ?")

• Members
14 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Fred Ayre, in 'A breath of Fresh Air' (highly recommended, despite it being outdated now) spoke of a guy in tje stands at Springfield Park who gave him persistent dogs abuse, even when warming up.

He'd spotted him but thought he'd never get the opportunity to give him some back. Until, that is, he needed a washing machine repairing. The plumber arrived & guess who it was.

The bloke obviously recognised him but nothing was said. Until, that is, the guy needed a different tool, or washer, or spicy a bit of water when Ayre proceeded to give him untold abuse.

Good man Mr. Ayre.

Ian Holloway, think it was when he was at Blackpool

Getting shed loads of abuse from a fan, 'you don't know what you're doing' etc

So he turns to him, says 'Monday morning come to the training ground, show me what I'm doing wrong, it's all yours' 

Bloke turns up, Holloway says all over to you, bloke thinks fuck

I was ball boy at Blackpool the day Hednesford knocked them out of the cup. 

A fan walked over from the scratching sheds and gave Gary Megson his season ticket. 

I really hope Megson reminded him that cup games aren't included in your season ticket.

18 minutes ago, e2e4 said:

442 magazine (or some other football website) are saying forest have just sacked steve? cooper. 

couldnt really get passed the paywall, and its been rumoured for ages. but there you go. 

might be true , might not be

Nuno Santos is the replacement according to Fabrizio 

7 hours ago, DirtySanchez said:

Ian Holloway, think it was when he was at Blackpool

Getting shed loads of abuse from a fan, 'you don't know what you're doing' etc

So he turns to him, says 'Monday morning come to the training ground, show me what I'm doing wrong, it's all yours' 

Bloke turns up, Holloway says all over to you, bloke thinks fuck

Very good!  But to be picky, if I had a plumber round to fix the boiler, and he didn't have a clue, I could shout "you don't know what you're doing".  It doesn't mean I could do it better, the comparison would be with a different plumber who gets desired results!