Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

Course they need CL football. They are bricking it and offering supposedly big fees because of that exact reason.

In the long run of course they need the champions league.

But to attract players this summer they won't.

As much as it pains us yoonited are a global brand and any footballer would want to play for them.

In the long run of course they need the champions league.

But to attract players this summer they won't.

As much as it pains us yoonited are a global brand and any footballer would want to play for them.

Lets see, I can see them paying premium prices for good but not top notch players.

For example £35m for carvalho. Top notch players sign for CL clubs. Yoonited will recruit the next wave of talent and it will be an expensive do.

I've had this debate with two muppet Liverpool fans I know. They are convinced this is it for United and they will disappear into the abyss after losing out on champions league fortunes this year and won't be able to attract top players.

Nothing more than wishful thinking.

Your talking about a global brand here,probably in the top 2/3 in the world. The most successful team in English history and champions only one years ago to the day. And more importantly they are fookin loaded. They could afford anyone they want. Rooneys new contract pretty much tells you all you need to know. Of course they will attract players,and they will be back in a title challenge next year.

Quicker people realise it the better,saves any egg on faces.

Lets see. Be interesting to see if/when Fergo gets marginalised. LVG needs a whole new team. Not a foregone conclusion they will be back

On a side note a dmb I know was tweeting that the title has stayed in manc for 5 years now. They will jump on any success.

Edited by tomski

See I don't think he needs a whole new team.

Rooney,RVP and Mata would get in most teams,their keeper is one of the best and the rest won the league 1 year ago.

They've just been managed wrong.

You never know,this guy could go in and fuck it up even more than Moyes. His track record says differently though.

See I think mata and Rooney wont play well together as they like the same position and RVP is 32? And back to his injury prone best.

Good keeper. Terrible defence with a worse midfield.

LVG will be the right appointment granted but just can't see the damage corrected inside a year.

Looking at LVGs record, he seems to start slowly at a lot of clubs, very inconsistent, hope the same happens again and they get on his back so he's out before he has a chance.

He did well at AZ but other than that he's always managed the best club in that country, DMBs are far behind that now so hopefully he will struggle again.

Fingers crossed but like people say, I can see them spending big to address the issue.

Utd will do better next year but I cannot see them being any better than third. Mata isnt that great. He looks good in a good side. Paying Rooney that much money will backfire on them as that wage is where the bar is now set for any big potential signing and they simply don't have the money any more. Chelsea and citeh will be just as strong next year and the winner will be one of them again with arse, spuds and the two scouse and utd fighting for the other two spots.

Just found out off Facebook a united fan mate booked today off ages ago so he could celebrate the tittle win yesterday.. roflcopter

About 7 months ago?!

Just found out off Facebook a united fan mate booked today off ages ago so he could celebrate the tittle win yesterday.. roflcopter

I know a few who have booked half a day to get out of town before it all starts. That sounds far more churlish but sensible

England Under 17's looking good again, 3-1 up against the Turks.

Our yoof teams always perform well internationally as we still select the big, older lads from year groups.

When the rest of the countries catch up physically we struggle against them.

Our yoof teams always perform well internationally as we still select the big, older lads from year groups.

When the rest of the countries catch up physically we struggle against them.

Im not sure thats true. The best 3 players in the last 2 games have been the smaller skillfull players.

Its transfering that ability from u17 to senior level, that is our problem, and something Old Bobby Brown shoes has picked up as a big problem in England.

Edited by Pablo

Im not sure thats true. The best 3 players in the last 2 games have been the smaller skillfull players.

Its transfering that ability from u17 to senior level, that is our problem, and something Old Bobby Brown shoes has picked up as a big problem in England.

Not watched England youth teams for a while tbf but it used to be full of big fuckers who dwarfed other international opponents.

Hopefully a sign of things changing then.

Not watched England youth teams for a while tbf but it used to be full of big fuckers who dwarfed other international opponents.

Hopefully a sign of things changing then.

They got kicked off the pitch today by Turk beasts.

Playing a passing game too, from back to front, and done it very well.

Scored 32 goals and conceeded 0 in qulifying.

They play the Dutch next, so that will be the big test.

I only took an interest as the captain has been on our first team bench the last 2 games.

Edited by Pablo

They got kicked off the pitch today by Turk beasts.

Playing a passing game too, from back to front, and done it very well.

Scored 32 goals and conceeded 0 in qulifying.

They play the Dutch next, so that will be the big test.

I only took an interest as the captain has been on our first team bench the last 2 games.

That on Eurosport?

Might watch some of it this week.

Any games on Friday? I'm WHF then :)