Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

Why not? His debut was against Hearts in a 2011 Europa second leg, with a 5-0 advantage. It was 0-0 and he missed a penalty.

He went on to make 6 appearances - all in the same comp and scored one - against Shamrock Rovers.

In January 2012 he went to Millwall for the second half of the season and became their Young Player of the Season.

Next season he got 4 minutes plus added time in an early league match, then went on a 'season-long' loan to Norwich. He was injured in his second match and made only 3 appearances. He was recalled to Tottenham after their failure to sign a striker in the January window (rules have changed since then) but then went to Leicester for the later stages of the season, where most of his appearances were as a late sub for Vardy.

If Soldado had been the real deal Kane could easily have been let go, with only Millwall rating him.

I think the point was, not that he wouldn't have gone to Millwall then, but that he would be way too good to be there now.

Think hes trying to say, someone would of bought him from Millwall when he was banging 80 goals a season in the championship

I think the point was, not that he wouldn't have gone to Millwall then, but that he would be way too good to be there now.

Thank you, gentlemen. 

That may well be. Or not.

I believe he developed his supreme self-confidence as a result of his success at Spurs.

He would probably have doe well enough at Millwall, but not necessarily to have clubs chasing a young English age-group international when 'quality' foreign strikers were available.

More recently he employs a chef who cooks for him every day (except Sundays, when a prepared meal is kept in the fridge-freezer). He attributes his rapid recovery from injuries to the expertise of his chef. Would he have been able to do that at Millwall? And one match against Sheffield United could have ended his career.

I never understand this "they've bought their success" line. Like Man U didn't with the millions they spent?

The amount of money in the game and the way the CL has become like a cartel surely everyone bar Leicester has bought their success?

Yeah of course

But not as absolutely as Citeh

And after a bit folk get bitter about all of them

But the closer they are to home and the more your mates who weren’t even into footy and end up “massive blues”, the quicker you get bitter

That’s part of being a football fan

Malc- if he'd been at Millwall, he would have cooked for himself and might have developed into a world class chef.

You just never know. .

You may be confusing him with Gordon Ramsay.

Anyway I've been taking a sneaky look at the Harry Kane topic on a Spurs forum.

It started in January 2013 when rumours were that he was to be recalled from Norwich.

"Let's face it ...if Harry Kane is the current answer, it's a damn shame there is even a question."

"I don't think he is the next Rooney ...."

They are on page one - of 346.

Page 2 gems:

​"He doesn't look like his movement is anywhere near good enough to play up front on his own, also looks decidedly slow..."

​"He's young, he will learn and will probably improve, but I don't think you'll see him at Spurs in the next couple of seasons as I honestly don't think he has enough about him to make it at that level".

Page 3:

"The hurricane will certainly do a good job for us as a squad player, although I'm sure he'll get sold on to a lower PL or Championship team in the summer."

Page 4:

"Not convinced he's going to be the answer to our problems."

Page 5:

"I'd rather have Soldado to be honest."

"He will probably play for West Brom or Hull one day, have a decent half-season, get into the England squad and then be highlighted as a reason why we are still years behind Spain, Germany and Brazil."

Edited by MalcolmW

• Site Supporter

I think it's me that's being accused of being bitter towards City due to my comments.

I'm not at all, just pointed out that they were 'distinctly average' in the last three games i'd seen them, i'm not doubting their ability going forward, and give them the league now.

They're not the omnipotent force that some folk are making out though.