Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 1 Liverpool 2

Happy Wanderer

That assumes everyone is currently buying a 26 quid ticket, Traf, when lots will be under 21s and over 65s so the difference is probably marginal. But so what if it did make a few grand more...this is a bonus game anyway...a bigger crowd gives us a better chance of going through - where we'll make more money. And every seat filled is a potential programme sale, pint and pie sold...which would probably make up some of the difference anyway.

We could charge a hundred quid and give Liverpool 20 thousand tickets and make millions, but what's the point in that - unless your only concern is to swell club coffers - which we won't spend on any players anyway cos the window will be shut.

Crowds do matter - anyone who prefers the stadium like a morgue, less than half full compared with the whole experience when it's rammed, well what's that about? And we'll only keep NL for any length of time if he thinks the fans are on board.

I didn't assume they all pay full price, I havent a clue about the breakdown.

What I'm pretty confident of, though, Is that we will generate more money at the current prices than we would at a little over half price.

And charging £26 to watch a top PL team doesn't create a future problem down the line.

What's our average adult ticket price to watch Championship football from which we keep all gate receipts?

• Site Supporter

Its not always the cost is the inconvenience

Fancy having the last train out at 9.30 when the game ends about then - what if it went into extra time?

Liverpool was bad having to leave a couple of minutes early then run for a taxi to make the last train back.

I would definitely been there Wednesday but for the shit transport. SHIT TRANSPORT SHIT FAN

They are upgrading the line, I doubt they give a dick about a few thousand scruffy scouse fucklumps trying to get home

I'm not convinced on this. I've been on when there's 18k on and it's bouncing and full like a library. Part timers don't add that much in my opinion other than a few quid.

And Lennon knows we are on board.

Spot on.

I often also think this with away games too. I reckon 2k away is about critical mass for us. The additional numbers don't make much difference. For example Huddersfield last year and year before was much louder than this time in my opinion.

Anyway, thankfully only West Ham and Geordie's care about attendances and we always used to mock them for it.

I am a little. :-) I'm relaxed though, just want to see us become as good as we can be.

We've never sold out in the grand scheme of things. Very rarely git over 27k,i know segregation plays it's part but that poor considering some of the games we've had in the last 10 years.

Therefore, get the money not the crowd. Fuck em!

We regularly sold out the biggest games Stevie, until Sam left. Every time we played United, Liverpool, and often Arsenal, Everton and City. And we only used to give about 3k to away fans back then. Our average was close to 27k in 2004...and always over 25k until the last 4 years or so before relegation. So the support is there.

We regularly sold out the biggest games Stevie, until Sam left. Every time we played United, Liverpool, and often Arsenal, Everton and City. And we only used to give about 3k to away fans back then. Our average was close to 27k in 2004...and always over 25k until the last 4 years or so before relegation. So the support is there.

So we never sold out then.

I'm not sure the support really is there from the early prem days.

It all came together at the same time ... football at its most fashionable, a shiny new all-seater, out of town stadium &  a premier league team on the up, but the novelty was always going to wear off for a large number of uncommited nu-fans.

Well not if you mean we never gave the whole ground over to BWFC fans...cos that's not allowed. We did have 27k home fans against Fulham at the end of 2003-04 season though, in a crowd of 27,500. And then we put prices up the next season, dodgy TV kicked in, and a year or so after that folk started bankrupting themselves on our European tours and the momentum was lost. Oh and then Megson arrived and that certainly killed a lot of the enthusiasm.

I'm not sure the support really is there from the early prem days.

It all came together at the same time ... football at its most fashionable, a shiny new all-seater, out of town stadium & a premier league team on the up, but the novelty was always going to wear off for a large number of uncommited nu-fans.

Depends how early you're talking. Even 9 years after moving we managed to get just short of 25,000 vs Fulham (24,919 on 11th Feb 2007).

David please please get over it. attendances don't matter. We won't sell out. It took tickets being £5 to sell out against athletico Madrid. In a competition we could only dream of being in for

Most fans. We aren't bad fans and we love a drink but we are small in number