Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Qatar World Cup

kent_white

46 minutes ago, lobbypond said:

Southgate's words .... "Callum’s just in that really rich vein of form and has been with us a little bit more, been on the pitch with us, we know him a little bit better.”

which, if you think about it says "I've not picked him because ... well, I've not picked him before".

• Site Supporter
16 hours ago, MickyD said:

🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊

4 hours ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Aren’t they orange’s 

I’m guessing it depends on either your sense of scale or the size of your hands.

• Site Supporter
16 hours ago, MickyD said:

🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊

4 hours ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Aren’t they orange’s 

I’m guessing it depends on either your sense of scale or the size of your hands.

• Members
On 13/11/2022 at 06:34, London Wanderer said:

Turns out Bolty is a shit patriot after all. Who'd have thought it. 

I do believe in a good shit so you may be on to something. Not convinced you do much thinking at all - at least not for yourself. Don't the metropolitan elite do your thinking for you?

• Members
22 hours ago, perth_white said:

I was on smoko with Gazza and Dazza.

Gazza put down his snag, had a blast of a Winnie Blue and said "There's us, gays and lezzers, what the fucks with the rest of this shite? what's this AI+ bollocks?"

Dazza was like "Mate, Shazza is an A. She doesn't like dick or fanny, wants none of it, just no interest in getting rooted at all".

I was like "See Old Mate over there, They are an I, don't really fit into being a Bruce or a Sheila". Gazza goes "Fuck off, have a gander down your trakky dacs, if there's a cock you're a bloke if not you're a bird". I says "Old Mate reckons it's not like that, reckons there's a spectrum and you can be anywhere on it"

Gazza was like "shut up you soft cock".

Eneabba can do this kind of thing to you ;)

• Members
1 hour ago, perth_white said:

Is that your town? I'm back in Rockingham after 4 years in the Pilbara and 4 in Brisbane. Loving being back here.

Sorry pal - mixed you up with jayjay! Heavy night on the Moscow Mules last night during and after the cricket. That's my excuse anyway.

Love the Pilbara - one of my favourite little escape places is up there (Point Samson). No time for Queensland - every time I have been there something shite has happened. Full of rednecks.

Nice place Rocky. Very under rated.

• Members
On 13/11/2022 at 01:38, jmjhb said:

Oh dear.

One out of three ain't bad (especially when it's the one you most wanted). Plenty of grudging locals, happy Poms and happy Indians around this place at the moment. Two mates from up the street we know around here as Goa Tom and Sarbjit the Sikh came down after the game and joined in the celebratory supping.

Shame that the lasses had the sending off or I reckon we would have won the RU game. Didn't see the RL but a big Parramatta Eels fan I know down here told me a few weeks back not to discount Samoa (I had said the winner will likely be Australia with only England and New Zealand offering any hope of an upset). He told me that most of the Samoa players play in the NRL down here and are a significant threat. I hope they can knock of the Aussies in the final. That would be very sweet.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, London Wanderer said:

Jesus this guy overdoes it a bit. 30 seconds would probably be enough to make the point. 

Wouldn't it be great if Southgate and this team have distanced all the gammons from watching England? Could go down as one of England's greatest achievements since 66. 

Well, seeing as Starmer and some of his acolytes have said they won't be watching it it would appear that viewing figures will be zero.

41 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Well, seeing as Starmer and some of his acolytes have said they won't be watching it it would appear that viewing figures will be zero.

haha - that's very true. I think this guy is more referring to those not watching on principle. Because they were taking the knee and Southgate supports rainbow laces. 

I'll be honest - I'm with Zico, in that this is least excited I've ever been for a World Cup. Each to their own with International Football, but I've always been a proper World Cup whore and would watch as many games as I could and get to know the teams in the run up. None of that this year. 

Feels like one to get over and done with. Hopefully Qatar will get battered. 

Edited by London Wanderer

• Moderators

whilst not excited

I look at my google calendar for next week and it's back to back footy every day from 10am till 9pm for a week

they'll all be on my other laptop whilst I work

there's worse ways to spend shitty dark and wet november day/nights

15 minutes ago, Zico said:

whilst not excited

I look at my google calendar for next week and it's back to back footy every day from 10am till 9pm for a week

they'll all be on my other laptop whilst I work

there's worse ways to spend shitty dark and wet november day/nights

Viewing figures will be through the roof in that sense and then the whole thing will be hailed as a roaring success and end up being mid-season every two years, hosted by whichever backwards oil state chucks the most money around. 

I don't hold out a lot of hope for England in the knockout stages if we get there whereas I was slightly more confident/optimistic in the last few tournaments. How far we get will depend on the draw, but when I look at the squads of the likes of Portugal and Brazil my heart sinks.

1 hour ago, Wanderlust said:

I don't hold out a lot of hope for England in the knockout stages if we get there whereas I was slightly more confident/optimistic in the last few tournaments. How far we get will depend on the draw, but when I look at the squads of the likes of Portugal and Brazil my heart sinks.

Tbf most countries will look at our forward options with similar envy. 

Defence not so :D

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

haha - that's very true. I think this guy is more referring to those not watching on principle. Because they were taking the knee and Southgate supports rainbow laces. 

I'll be honest - I'm with Zico, in that this is least excited I've ever been for a World Cup. Each to their own with International Football, but I've always been a proper World Cup whore and would watch as many games as I could and get to know the teams in the run up. None of that this year. 

Feels like one to get over and done with. Hopefully Qatar will get battered. 

Exactly-Starmer isn't watching on principle.

Absolutely no different to anyone who says they won't watch for any other reason. 

They should show every game in the HoC. One half wearing rainbows the other half chucking bacon butties at them.

The SNP complaining such behaviour justifies another referendum as it wasn't haggis.

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket