Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Administration?

Mounts Kipper

They were talking a joint thing; which really meant McGinlay as the main man with advice from Bruce

Let's not ruin our legends eh

Agreed.

SJM himself (not the grim reapers messenger on here) is the main one who needs to hear this advice though.

Touting yourself for a non vacancy currently held by your so called mate aint cricket IMO.

Though Lennon's tone post Rotherham suggested he wanted the sack and maybe SJM was doing him a favour.

Complex and opaque, like so much surrounding the Wanderers at the moment.

Still, lets just enjoy a customary home win against the chicken botherers!

• Site Supporter

My heads not in the sand but I'm not sure what you are saying?

Why take voluntary administration now? What would it achieve? We only owe £700k don't we? Until the players become "creditors" after being unpaid?

I think we can shift what we've got on the pitch without affecting assets...that might match our incomings and outgoings. I'd rather go down that route personally than the overly dramatic "take adminstration now".

Sadly I'd guess its a fair bit more than that now based on reports of loans secured against assets to Warburton and Nucleus?

If ED turned off the tap a year ago (?) it could be c£10m. Obviously speculation based on papers/twitter etc but this might be the money any bidder needs to stump up

See what ExMid says Eyes.

Well over the 700k tax man bill. Not trying to be a dick about it, but it looks highly unlikely that we will get bought.

Administration (as it stands) is inevitable. Sooner it happens, sooner we have a chance to prevent extinction.

See what ExMid says Eyes.

Well over the 700k tax man bill. Not trying to be a dick about it, but it looks highly unlikely that we will get bought.

Administration (as it stands) is inevitable. Sooner it happens, sooner we have a chance to prevent extinction.

My view is if we're paying part of the players wages why would we do that then go down the admin route we might as well not pay the players or the tax bill if going down admin was what we were planning to do.

• Site Supporter

My view is if we're paying part of the players wages why would we do that then go down the admin route we might as well not pay the players or the tax bill if going down admin was what we were planning to do.

Because paying your staff is the moral thing to do.

Sod the tax man.. We look after our own

I know that we had to make a part payment, as according to "the rules" if players don't receive any payments for two months they are free to cancel their contracts......so had we not paid them anything this month, I think they were free to walk from 1st January 2016.

Now if we enter administration, the administrators can sell the players (if anybody wants them) - had we not paid, they would have walked for nothing.

So it could be that giving them a part payment (and not a full one) is the ideal scenario for putting the club into administration, as at least they are now, in theory, saleable assets.

Perhaps we're hoping when the transfer window opens in a couple of days, massive bids come in for some of players, then we'll no longer be in the shit.

I might well be wrong ( and not for the first time) but I'm guessing we will sell as bids come in, with the hope that the money will pay off the creditors and a deal might well get done in the meantime. Mavies, Moxey and Vela first out of the door as the champagne corks start popping for the new year, Clough after a bit more haggling.

Problem is that on one seems to think that Holdsworth Ltd has the money to do anything with the club. And he's the only game in town.

Not sure we have a squad that can take a mini exodus, let alone a mass one. The kids aren't got to be good enough and selling all your creativity is pretty much a final nail in the coffin. League One seems inevitable.