Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Donald Dead Cat On Is Head Trump

little whitt

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

When did I say it was the only measure? What I said was it was the only way to compare economies but if you want get specific about one economy as Miami did then all I did was remind him of the other measures that he chooses to ignore

You mentioned metrics or some such.

It's a rather daft way of assessing the performance of a country if done in isolation.

America has the biggest economy, but doesn't mean it tops the table for best places. Not the best way to compare economies; growth would be better than an absolute figure, as it shows direction of travel.

8 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

So when the rate was falling between 2010-2016 there is no credit due to Obama? 

I have no idea about the other point

Pete, fuck off mate. I've put the link up and you're clearly ignoring it as it doesn't suit your liberal wank narrative.

As for me quoting Germany, that's because they're the largest GDP in the EU....even a soppy left winger like you can see my tenuous point cant you ?

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

It's a rather daft way of assessing the performance of a country if done in isolation.

America has the biggest economy, but doesn't mean it tops the table for best places. Not the best way to compare economies; growth would be better than an absolute figure, as it shows direction of travel.

We are agreeing with each other hence why I suggested GDP as that comparison with other countries. Miami wanted just to talk about one economy though and I was happy to enlighten him of the facts that he had not cherry picked😂

1 minute ago, Salford Trotter said:

We are agreeing with each other hence why I suggested GDP as that comparison with other countries. Miami wanted just to talk about one economy though and I was happy to enlighten him of the facts that he had not cherry picked😂

Obama and Iran link...read it

Now fuck off Pete

4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Not entirely  true mate sadly. All depends how the growth is achieved. 

to be honest there is loads of different metrics which used in isolation can be used As for and against arguments to suit many different forms of opinion 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Not entirely  true mate sadly. All depends how the growth is achieved. 

to be honest there is loads of different metrics which used in isolation can be used As for and against arguments to suit many different forms of opinion 

Growth in GDP would have been a more appropriate statement.

As an absolute, if we merely looked at GDP, the USA would always be best economically. Until china takes over that is. At least growth of GDP can be compared with other nations.

It must be really difficult to measure things like quality of life though, and so much of that isn't necessarily quantifiable. 

Quite fancy Costa Rica personally; took a gamble in dismantling their army, but apparently it's a wonderful place to live according to reports.

Couldn't ever see myself wanting to live in America though!

13 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Pete, fuck off mate. I've put the link up and you're clearly ignoring it as it doesn't suit your liberal wank narrative.

As for me quoting Germany, that's because they're the largest GDP in the EU....even a soppy left winger like you can see my tenuous point cant you ?

I'm in morrisons mate 😂 so let me get home and read it but as for ignoring stuff why don't comment on the US  trends and that Obama did some good stuff with the US economy. Maybe you could let me have your thoughts while I drive home. By the way I'm not a leftie😉 

47 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Growth in GDP would have been a more appropriate statement.

As an absolute, if we merely looked at GDP, the USA would always be best economically. Until china takes over that is. At least growth of GDP can be compared with other nations.

It must be really difficult to measure things like quality of life though, and so much of that isn't necessarily quantifiable. 

Quite fancy Costa Rica personally; took a gamble in dismantling their army, but apparently it's a wonderful place to live according to reports.

Couldn't ever see myself wanting to live in America though!

China's GDP is a made up figure. In fact made up years ahead.

Just now, MalcolmW said:

China's GDP is a made up figure. In fact made up years ahead.

GDP figures are also amended years after intitially being announced as more information comes to the fore.  

it simply isn’t a one size fits all metric of success of an economy or brexit 

think I may retire from this thread if it’s going to become a gdp cock measuring contest 

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Boris has it right.

Boris who receives donations from the Russian government, who last year killed an innocent British citizen on British soil after a botched assassination attempt? Aren't we lucky...

2 hours ago, Escobarp said:

GDP figures are also amended years after intitially being announced as more information comes to the fore.  

it simply isn’t a one size fits all metric of success of an economy or brexit 

think I may retire from this thread if it’s going to become a gdp cock measuring contest 

Certainly, not a measure of the success of Brexit

30 minutes ago, Spider said:

Vlad likes a political vacuum.

Chaos, disarray, dysfunction - all playing into his hands...

why didn’t he fund Jeremy then? Chaos disruption, disfunction would have been guaranteed. (Not that there’s any prove of him funding anyone) 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

4 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Certainly, not a measure of the success of Brexit

Your motivation for Brexit isn't economic though but for the vast majority who voted to leave they were to told that the UK economy would grow faster outside of the EU. Economic growth is measured by GDP

Since economic growth is measured as the annual percent change of gross domestic product (GDP), it has all the advantages and drawbacks of that measure. The economic growth rates of nations are commonly compared using the ratio of the GDP to population or per-capita income.