Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Donald Dead Cat On Is Head Trump

little whitt

• Site Supporter

For what it's worth, I don't think a single American bomb will land on Iranian soil. Trump is playing brinkmanship and is surrounded by enough people who will stop him doing anything ridiculous.

I'm actually assuming that when he refers to "culture" he's suggesting their attitude towards killing each other, which they've done for hundreds of years with & without American help.

That's his biggest mistake - his ego is telling him he can ride in there and settle all the issues with his Trump Branded "diplomacy".

We all know it won't work and whilst I don't blame him for trying, he's on a hiding to nothing. His bit of success with Kim may have given him the impression he can sort anything. The Mullahs are more mental than him though.

If, on the other hand, he's actually thinking of levelling a few Iranian temples/UNESCO-type sites, then I'm afraid even his biggest supporters will have to turn their backs on him.

• Moderators

FWIW CNN have a quote from him where he directly mentions cultural sites:

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/01/05/politics/trump-plane-iran-comments/index.html

"They're allowed to kill our people, they're allowed to torture and maim our people, they're allowed to use roadside bombs and blow up our people, and we're not allowed to touch their cultural sites? It doesn't work that way," Trump said, according to a pool report.

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

FWIW CNN have a quote from him where he directly mentions cultural sites:

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/01/05/politics/trump-plane-iran-comments/index.html

"They're allowed to kill our people, they're allowed to torture and maim our people, they're allowed to use roadside bombs and blow up our people, and we're not allowed to touch their cultural sites? It doesn't work that way," Trump said, according to a pool report.

FAKE NEWS

Just now, Cheese said:

FAKE NEWS

The key paragraph from that article.

As for these critiques, President Trump didn't say he'd go after a cultural site. Read what he said very closely. We've made clear that the cost, if they use proxy-forces in the region, will not just be borne just by those proxies. They'll be borne by Iran and its leadership itself," Pompeo said.

Exactly as I said it. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

The key paragraph from that article.

As for these critiques, President Trump didn't say he'd go after a cultural site. Read what he said very closely. We've made clear that the cost, if they use proxy-forces in the region, will not just be borne just by those proxies. They'll be borne by Iran and its leadership itself," Pompeo said.

Exactly as I said it. 

Seeing as we are talking about Trump's own words, I'd suggest the key paragraph is the one containing Trump's own words.

32 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

I mean semantics aside its hugely distasteful and shocking that a leader of the free-world is sending out international threats via social media. Had someone said a decade ago this would be happening they'd have been carted off to the loony bin as everyone would have said not in my lifetime. 

I was banned for life off Twitter and I don't know why, I have asked but they will not tell me, so, how can someone send international threats and not be banned, discrimination in my opinion

• Moderators

so, basically, he said it, probably didn't realise it was a war crime or didn't understand the difference between culture and cultural sites, and now his people are backtracking and saying he didn't say it

we can argue the toss all day long over semantics

probably best to just wait and see if they bomb cultural sites

17 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

so, basically, he said it, probably didn't realise it was a war crime or didn't understand the difference between culture and cultural sites, and now his people are backtracking and saying he didn't say it

I think that's about the gist of it

15 hours ago, Spider said:

For the record, his work with North Korea is commendable.

Some of his economic wins on home soil are a positive.

But in the main, he’s fucking dreadful.

Is the whole North Korea thing not a bit of a myth though, as absolutely nothing has happened. Trump promised there would be a freeze on nuclear development after his meeting, that's absolutely not happened. Apparently they've now developed over double what they had before Trump came into power (granted, they still may not yet have the means to propel said material half way around the world), but the point remains that little or nothing has happened.

He was praised for having the meeting, but previous Presidents hadn't bothered, as it was deemed a waste of time, which it's looking like Trumps meetings where.

As this Iran thing rumbles along, I wouldn't be surprised if Mr Kim decided to do another couple of rocket tests, just to give Trump something else to think about

27 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

I was banned for life off Twitter and I don't know why, I have asked but they will not tell me, so, how can someone send international threats and not be banned, discrimination in my opinion

Captain Trump is very profitable to Twitter. They wouldn't even entertain the thought.

1 minute ago, Sweep said:

Is the whole North Korea thing not a bit of a myth though, as absolutely nothing has happened. Trump promised there would be a freeze on nuclear development after his meeting, that's absolutely not happened. Apparently they've now developed over double what they had before Trump came into power (granted, they still may not yet have the means to propel said material half way around the world), but the point remains that little or nothing has happened.

He was praised for having the meeting, but previous Presidents hadn't bothered, as it was deemed a waste of time, which it's looking like Trumps meetings where.

As this Iran thing rumbles along, I wouldn't be surprised if Mr Kim decided to do another couple of rocket tests, just to give Trump something else to think about

And now we've got two rogue states trying to build nuclear weapons instead of one.

3 minutes ago, kent_white said:

And now we've got two rogue states trying to build nuclear weapons instead of one.

in fairness they were both pretty much at it before Trump, and will be long after  -  unless Trump decides he's going to obliterate one (or both) of them of course

44 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

He didn’t say it, the tweet did not say he would bomb cultural sites. I read it exactly as Pompeo states. FFS it’s becoming wearing. Yes Trumps an edgy fuck, yes he can come across as a cunt, but he’s dealing with real deep, deep shit that Obama and the rest of the west tried to appease and that did not work, the American public voted him in to do a job, let him do it and if he messes up he will be unelected. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

1 hour ago, athywhite1958 said:

That’s some going.  Who and what were you tweeting?

1 hour ago, ZicoKelly said:

Yep.

Course he meant it. The bloke is thick as fuck - the blokes with brains are now looking for ways to backtrack from it.

13 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Yep.

Course he meant it. The bloke is thick as fuck - the blokes with brains are now looking for ways to backtrack from it.

The thick fuckers are the ones who read the tweet and cannot understand that it does not say he will bomb Iranian cultural sites and even when Pompeo points it out still cannot understand it. 

• Site Supporter

Given Trump's track record for shooting from the lip, perhaps the exact inference of his statement isn't that important; more that he's pissed off and prepared to undertake military action.

Those in the Whitehouse and military aren't stupid, even if he is somewhat, and I'm confident they'll only have a go at pertinent places.

3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

The thick fuckers are the ones who read the tweet and cannot understand that it does not say he will bomb Iranian cultural sites and even when Pompeo points it out still cannot understand it. 

The bloke doesn't do subtlety. You know that.

Pompeo is doing what he always does. Trying to clean up his boss's shit.