Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Burnden Disaster 70Th Anniversary

TrickyTrotter

Love to hear the old Burnden memories you and Gudni keep up the good work.

Walking down the Manny Road, the smell from Walkers Tannery wafting in the air - overcome by the whiffs of cigar smoke & whisky fumes on Boxing Days.

Thought I'd posted this before, but can't find It. Apologies if it's a repeat.

Edited by Rembrandt

Walking down the Manny Road, the smell from Walkers Tannery wafting in the air - overcome by the whiffs of cigar smoke & whisky fumes on Boxing Days.

Thought I'd posted this before, but can't find I'd. Apologies if it's a repeat.

Burnden was a unique smell it was the same smell for 20 odd years I attended games the young ones who didn't experience must think we're crackers.

I'm defrosting after going to the remembrance service. Very well done, I thought. Low key & dignified.

Not sure how many turned up.

Didn't see any reference to it on BBC North-West news. But plenty of coverage from Liverpool about George Martin RIP and the Beatles.par for the course.

RIP wanderers

Piece on the today program radio 4 this morning which was a pleasant surprise

Apologies if posted very much worth a watch

Obviously been aware of the disaster for many years but the 70th anniversary has really brought it home to me the interviews especially with the Battersby brothers who lost their dad and uncle brings home the pain these families still feel today. I'm pleased the club have taken the time to remember the disaster in a proper manner and people who were there have had the chance to have their say. RIP to the 33 and their families.

Obviously been aware of the disaster for many years but the 70th anniversary has really brought it home to me the interviews especially with the Battersby brothers who lost their dad and uncle brings home the pain these families still feel today. I'm pleased the club have taken the time to remember the disaster in a proper manner and people who were there have had the chance to have their say. RIP to the 33 and their families.

Aye. Understated and respectful and that's not a dig at any other club.

Spoke to a Stoke mate earlier. He'd heard about a move from some Stoke fans for a minutes applause on 33 minutes at their game this weekend. No idea if true??

I fucking hate Stoke after Wembley and relegation day but if it's true, and it happens, I will reverse my opinion as I did with Spurs after Muamba