Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 1 Boro 2

globaldiver

Hated today,sick of fans from other clubs celerbrating in our ground, fucking sick of it

THIS !!!

Fans love coming here. They cannot believe our facility's and hotel.

Just two examples for you.

Compare QPR and Burnley

At QPR, you have to assume a yoga position to sit in a cramped wooden seat, and my hallway is more spacious than the fire trap under the stand.

Burnley antique tele's perched on top of wooden sheds serving lukewarm Bovril.

Next season 95% of teams visiting will raise their game when visiting us.

Just hope we sign enough players with big enough balls to get us back up first time.

despite all this, we've played the top of the league and been in the game til the death

still maintain our biggest problem is a mental one

I still maintain that we need a specific type of manager to get the best out of our current crop.

Big Sam could have literally picked a player up from his mum's funeral and get a man-of-the-match performance from him.

All the managers we have had since seem to be unable/unwilling to be the bad guy and MAKE these players perform.

Spot on.

Are Rotherham's set of players any more technically gifted than ours??

Are they balls. They just have desire and man manager than got the best out of them at precisely the right time.

Most of our players don't actually give a fuck and the ones that do are shit.

• Site Supporter

I enjoyed yesterday, getting a pint at half time was a dream, we played ok, I was in the mindset of "it's over no point being angry, just enjoy a game of football"

I did find it amusing we were winning, and was imagining how they must of felt losing to us. The outcome was inevitable, when your gone your gone this shit happens all the time, deflections, wonder strikes the works, nowt you can do.

We do give the ball away easily.

And 18k attendance, not a chance, they count season ticket holders even if they don't attend I presume?

• Site Supporter

This lack of back bone thing, i don't get it.

As cassie says we were in it to the death, as we are most games.

Now and again we get tonked but we're still not a bad team aside of on each box. Which is ridiculous to say know.

Our issue is just mistake, after mistake, after mistake. And not having a goalscorer obviously.

Edited by HomerJay

Now and again we get tonked but we're still not a bad team aside of on each box. Which is ridiculous to say know.

Our issue is just mistake, after mistake, after mistake. And not having a goalscorer obviously.

Backbone / mental strength; I suppose it depends what that means to you

As soon as the chips are down they do collapse; for me that's a lack of backbone

It's far from the only reason we are shit but I think it is a problem; they take the easy path and let heads drop....don't make that extra burst forwards; back out of tackles (Mavies and Madine); let their man go too easily etc

I knew we would lose that even at 1 up. They were crap against a poor Boro side. I don't think we were really in it till the death either. Not one of them is a leader for me.

I knew we would lose that even at 1 up. They were crap against a poor Boro side. I don't think we were really in it till the death either. Not one of them is a leader for me.

We would have liked to win, and a draw would be OK given we were already relegated.

They desperately wanted to win and kept going to the end, which was bitter.

We would have liked to win, and a draw would be OK given we were already relegated.

They desperately wanted to win and kept going to the end, which was bitter.

Ok I'll give you that but what about when we desperately wanted a win. We got nothing. The players aren't up to it. Pratley is playing like a man with the weight of the world on his shoulders and I worry the rest aren't bothered

• Moderators

whether you agree or not, the facts are we were in the game against the probable champions til the last minute

i know they had twice the basll we did and many more chances but despite this, we stuck at it

while i never thought he would, woolery couldve won it

all this, despite effectively playing with 9 men

when they have rhodes and nugent and we have a bloke fatter than me, it says to me its more about ability than any will to win

add in, our lot are mentally shot

too many times theyve had their bollocks kicked at the death

qpr mustve been so hard to take and finished us off

The fact that no one is surprised by the fact we lost despite scores being level at 90 minutes sums up where we are.

We expect to concede, there is no belief in the team and any confidence left the club many months ago.

Because of the above we stand off teams, players hesitate before making tackles, all this is mental, it is alright talking about back bone and moral fibre but every player every team goes through a phase like this, not usually this ling or this bad.

The lack of a leader within the players and no sense of unity in the club means this has gone on and we are pretty rotten to the core.

Edited by Ani