Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Vw Emissions

DazBob

• Members

Reet, the engine in my car is one of the units that they fiddled with to give false readings when plugged into a machine.

I'm now being mithered to take it in and have it reprogrammed ... but I don't want to on the assumption it will serve only to reduce performance and MPG.

Does anyone know if I'm legally obliged to do this or can I just tell them to fuck off and leave me alone?

• Site Supporter

Had ours done a couple of weeks ago and no change. Got an expert opinion before: the update only stops the engine being fed reduced amount of fuel when it knows its on test. Other than that no change.

No legal obligation as far as I'm aware but may affect value when come to sell/trade in.

Like you I was concerned about mpg but absolutely no noticeable difference.

Had ours done a couple of weeks ago and no change. Got an expert opinion before: the update only stops the engine being fed reduced amount of fuel when it knows its on test. Other than that no change.

No legal obligation as far as I'm aware but may affect value when come to sell/trade in.

Like you I was concerned about mpg but absolutely no noticeable difference.

Did you have to contact them or did they contact you? We've got a 3 year old Skoda Octavia which has the same system I believe?

I've got a Golf TDI that VW have asked to be recalled, I've just ignored the one letter that they've sent me. VW can fook off, I'm not booking a days holiday for that. I've also had the car remapped and I don't want them cocking up the extra bhp and fuel economy either.

• Members

Did you have to contact them or did they contact you? We've got a 3 year old Skoda Octavia which has the same system I believe?

This has completely shattered my illusions. I have always pictured you in a Trabant with a hammer and sickle design rough fabric interior.

This has completely shattered my illusions. I have always pictured you in a Trabant with a hammer and sickle design rough fabric interior.

Yeah sorry Bolty. But I did try to go as Eastern European as I could. I was hoping to get something from the pre velvet revolution days of course - but the capitalist swine in the showroom lied to me :-(

• Members

Yeah sorry Bolty. But I did try to go as Eastern European as I could. I was hoping to get something from the pre velvet revolution days of course - but the capitalist swine in the showroom lied to me :-(

The imperialist bastard. Forza the proletariat.  :rolleyes2: