Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tv Shows

L/H White

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, miamiwhite said:

Have you been watching The Troubles mate ?

4th episode on tonight.....an ex known Bolton face we both know was on it last week, may get featured again tonight.

I haven't S, got half the McGinlay podcast & the last episode of Peaky Blinders to do then will jump on it. 

46 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Tremendous it is eh and an utter travesty that no season 3 has been commissioned.

Might be wrong but I think that's down to politics between the streaming networks. Disney, buying the rights to Marvel shows from Netflix, agreed to a clause to produce no new seasons of current shows for 2 years. 

39 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

Might be wrong but I think that's down to politics between the streaming networks. Disney, buying the rights to Marvel shows from Netflix, agreed to a clause to produce no new seasons of current shows for 2 years. 

I read somewhere they wanted 80m for series 3 and single figure millions for the previous 2 series 

On 27/09/2019 at 17:32, Smiley said:

Loving Top Boy. Watched episode 1 of Series 3 first.... then realised there were two more series to watch. Only 4 episodes in each of the first 2 - so already done 5-6 episodes. Loving it. Have got subtitles on though. Too much street slang and incoherent chat.

Never heard of drugs being referred to as "food" and money as "paper". And everyone is either bro, fam or cuz.

Just started it tonight funnily enough, two episodes in! 

Thanks to your post I’ve checked and realised I’ve also started on season 3 FFS 

What to do? Carry on with 3 then go back or start again from 1? 

1 hour ago, birch-chorley said:

Just started it tonight funnily enough, two episodes in! 

Thanks to your post I’ve checked and realised I’ve also started on season 3 FFS 

What to do? Carry on with 3 then go back or start again from 1? 

Start from beginning 

Yeah, would start from the beginningx not least because they won't take that long.

Seasons 1 and 2 are under the name Top Boy: Summerhouse. Both are 4 episodes of 45-50min each, you can blast them out in a couple of nights.

Edited by jmjhb

On 08/10/2019 at 18:31, miamiwhite said:

You’ll love it mate, it’s brilliant.

Top notch isn’t it. I’ve read loads of books on The Troubles but this series is unearthing some really fascinating stuff. Episode 4 pretty much confirmed the always denied “shoot to kill” policy and why Gerry Adams didn’t  want to co-operate with the making of the programme

Fuck me I’d forgotten that the terrorist cunt had a right ugly pair of gnashers on him in the early days. Could have eaten an apple through a letter box with them 

21 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Top notch isn’t it. I’ve read loads of books on The Troubles but this series is unearthing some really fascinating stuff. Episode 4 pretty much confirmed the always denied “shoot to kill” policy and why Gerry Adams didn’t  want to co-operate with the making of the programme

Fuck me I’d forgotten that the terrorist cunt had a right ugly pair of gnashers on him in the early days. Could have eaten an apple through a letter box with them 

Top drawer without doubt mate.

Some really good new material being shown. That sickened me with what the priest  Patrick  Ryan had to say.

Adams’s peggies were his bullet proof vest, the rounds were ricocheted off those big bastards

Can’t wait for the next two episodes.

29 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

I’m the same mate. Guess it’s because of our age. Puts a different perspective on it after all these years. Real groundbreaking stuff being unearthed. Everyone will have an opinion on the rights and wrongs. I’m actually quite surprised at the honesty of some of the ex-IRA members and the actions of MI5 have genuinely given me food for thought on the rights and wrongs of what they did, obviously bearing in mind that they were dealing with terrorists. That’s what makes it so good imo 

• Site Supporter
41 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Top drawer without doubt mate.

Some really good new material being shown. That sickened me with what the priest  Patrick  Ryan had to say.

Adams’s peggies were his bullet proof vest, the rounds were ricocheted off those big bastards

I missed the Bolton lad S, though I did nod off once or twice as I watched them near my bedtime 😴

19 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

I’m the same mate. Guess it’s because of our age. Puts a different perspective on it after all these years. Real groundbreaking stuff being unearthed. Everyone will have an opinion on the rights and wrongs. I’m actually quite surprised at the honesty of some of the ex-IRA members and the actions of MI5 have genuinely given me food for thought on the rights and wrongs of what they did, obviously bearing in mind that they were dealing with terrorists. That’s what makes it so good imo 

Me too mate, as I mentioned the other week, I actually had a touch of respect for the Spud Pickers, if that makes any sense ? Good how all of them nail Adams and show him for the liar he is.

19 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

I missed the Bolton lad S, though I did nod off once or twice as I watched them near my bedtime 😴

Look on iplayer episode 4 mate.........the army lad crouched in the doorway with the posh peashooter on the header for that episode....that’s the Morris Green lad, won’t mention his name on the main forum but you know him, lives virtually back to back with SM.

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Look on iplayer episode 4 mate.........the army lad crouched in the doorway with the posh peashooter on the header for that episode....that’s the Morris Green lad, won’t mention his name on the main forum but you know him, lives virtually back to back with SM.

Got it now! I saw it but it didn't click on first viewing.