Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Members
1 hour ago, woolli said:

It was 6m, but still massively overpriced!

Was it not an initial £6m and then an additional £2m when they got promoted (despite him doing fuck all)?

18 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Was it not an initial £6m and then an additional £2m when they got promoted (despite him doing fuck all)?

I google it, no mention of add ons. Still a great piece of business by dodgy Ken!

6 hours ago, woolli said:

Only one team in the top  eight have not made a signing yet. Oxford 4 or 5, Pompey 2, Peterbro 2. Derby have just signed Blackett-Taylor from Charlton, which looks a decent signing.

Portsmouth signed a player from Brentford on loan highly rated was on the bench against forest 

Feels odd that I’m not that desperate for incomings. I’d love 2 new strikers to replace 2 but I think I’m geared up for going with what we’ve got. The CB thing I think clears up with Geth and Forrester being back soonish. Seems odd to sign someone for 2 games.

After last night the need for fresh bodies is evident looking likely we'll be playing 2 games a week for most of the season. Left footed CB and a striker at the top of the list. Perhaps someone who can play the same role Rico does, he was at the Titus Bramble end of his defensive performance range last night perhaps needs a breather.

9 minutes ago, tomski said:

Feels odd that I’m not that desperate for incomings. I’d love 2 new strikers to replace 2 but I think I’m geared up for going with what we’ve got. The CB thing I think clears up with Geth and Forrester being back soonish. Seems odd to sign someone for 2 games.

I Hope Forrester back this week, we need him, Asia cup final 10th Feb so doubt we will see him until 17th February. With Williams injury looks like Ashgrove will have a run out.

Think we can’t take risks at this time in the season, it could all go badly pretty quickly and that’s a risk too far given the position we have put ourselves in and the alternative of play offs is something I don’t want to contemplate. 

10 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I Hope Forrester back this week, we need him, Asia cup final 10th Feb so doubt we will see him until 17th February. With Williams injury looks like Ashgrove will have a run out.

Think we can’t take risks at this time in the season, it could all go badly pretty quickly and that’s a risk too far given the position we have put ourselves in and the alternative of play offs is something I don’t want to contemplate. 

Forrester out for a month, and i think you mean Ashworth, who doesnt look up for it to me. We need signings, or it could come back to bite us.

2 minutes ago, woolli said:

Forrester out for a month, and i think you mean Ashworth, who doesnt look up for it to me. We need signings, or it could come back to bite us.

I did mean Ashworth.. can’t go as we are if Forrester out for a month and Jones 3 weeks off a return. 

17 hours ago, DazBob said:

"Fck all" ?

He provided competition to the other forwards AND didn't die in a plane crash on the way down to Cardiff.

I call that quite an achievement compared with some others they signed.

9 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

"Fck all" ?

He provided competition to the other forwards AND didn't die in a plane crash on the way down to Cardiff.

I call that quite an achievement compared with some others they signed.

Yes Fuck all

4 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Apart from Charles our other forwards ain’t fit to lace madines boots 

Both Bodvarrson and Jerome have had better careers than Madine......ohh you are talking when Madine played in 2016

Yep they were both better than him then

I dont see your point???

2 minutes ago, masi 51 said:

Both Bodvarrson and Jerome have had better careers than Madine......ohh you are talking when Madine played in 2016

I dont see your point???

Madine was unplayable for a 3 month period, different times but much better than the current strikers we have

thats my point not that it means owt 

4 minutes ago, masi 51 said:

I dont see your point???

But we’re either called washing machine??

We do look very very light in a few areas, does feel like it starts to unravel slightly with just one injury/suspension in a couple of key positions. 

None of the B Team lads really seem to get a sniff though, which seems a shame, could really do with that set up bearing some fruit soon. 

Khumbeni when I've seen him has looked decent, surprised he's not been in first team squads more, especially with our lack of that type of ball winning deeper midfielders. The CBs not progressing is the most disappointing for me though, got Toure and Yoro who have been around for a couple of years now and not got a look in, plus that Hayes-Green we signed from Liverpool in the summer who I'm told is a left sided centre half.

Any one watch or know more of those younger lads than I do?

1 hour ago, radcliffe white said:

Madine was unplayable for a 3 month period, different times but much better than the current strikers we have

thats my point not that it means owt 

Unplayable might be stretching it a little there mate :D

He had a purple patch and scored a few pens when he could be arsed.