Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Super League Is Back

Big E

Had a great night at the AJBell tonight cheering on the Salford Red Devils to a great victory over Wakefield to reach the Challenge Cup Semis. 80 mins from Wembley!

I can now understand Koukash's proposal following last night's attendance. Think the only chance is to get to the final, get a load of bandwagons going then hope a percentage return for home games in the regular season. The Grand final may be best for it but can't see anything else to get people attending

I can now understand Koukash's proposal following last night's attendance. Think the only chance is to get to the final, get a load of bandwagons going then hope a percentage return for home games in the regular season. The Grand final may be best for it but can't see anything else to get people attending

I agree, it's going to have to be years of consistent performances and a few trophies to turn in some decent attendances

Is their such thing as rivalry in rugger. Does anyone get that worked up about it?

I never understand why everybody goes yo the final, even when their team isn't in it.

Isn't RL about supporting the game first and then an actual team as a secondary thing?

I never understand why everybody goes yo the final, even when their team isn't in it.

Isn't RL about supporting the game first and then an actual team as a secondary thing?

Exactly. The magical weekend sums it up for me. Why?

I tend to watch Wigan, Leigh and Salford in that order..

I was on a course at the DW at beginning of the month, and they have their full trophy cabinet.. 1/4 is football the rest Rugby..

Yes but you just answered my point in the fact you follow 3 teams? Also is 3 trophies a great haul in super league????

Following 3 teams...when I there is only about 12 anyway isn't there?

Having said that, as most RL fans would rather see a good game than one of their selected teams win, at least they can always enjoy the occasion. Even a heavy defeat can be celebrated somewhat as they don't get emotionally involved with a specific club like you would do with a football club

It is simply a tradition which has built up over the years.

The 1954 final was a particularly disappointing match, with just 2 penalty goals apiece, but the replay at Odsal, Bradford, had a midweek crowd officially registered at 102,569 although there were many thousands more there. Estimates of expected attendees from Halifax and Warrington totalled 27,000, but even if they doubled that there were a lot of neutrals there on a Wednesday evening.

Having said that, as most RL fans would rather see a good game than one of their selected teams win, at least they can always enjoy the occasion. Even a heavy defeat can be celebrated somewhat as they don't get emotionally involved with a specific club like you would do with a football club

Utter horseshit on all counts.

Following 3 teams...when I there is only about 12 anyway isn't there?

So it's more like supporting the game then? Rather than supporting a town. Different to football but quite nice I suppose