Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Super League Is Back

Big E

What is it that Castleford and Salford are doing right that the usual suspects aren't?

Is it complacency on the latter's part that means that they think they can turn up or have Salford found a new formation, way of playing that now suits the modern game? Whilst hull are decent I think they shipped 40 points three times this season

Got two Wigan fans coming over for the hull game this weekend which means I'll end up in the away end. I'd rather be in a leper colony but drinking in my seat should work as good medicine

What is it that Castleford and Salford are doing right that the usual suspects aren't?

Is it complacency on the latter's part that means that they think they can turn up or have Salford found a new formation, way of playing that now suits the modern game? Whilst hull are decent I think they shipped 40 points three times this season

Got two Wigan fans coming over for the hull game this weekend which means I'll end up in the away end. I'd rather be in a leper colony but drinking in my seat should work as good medicine

I don't profress to be an expert in the tactical nuances of the game that Salford and Cas have adopted this season that others haven't. However what i can say is that Salford has a talented Head Coach and he has a bunch of players that are genuinely working together. The performances that i have seen this season have been refreshing to watch and the best rugby league Salford have played in a generation and if it is the start of a change in the top order bring it on!

Just the sort of result to get people to take notice that was. Focus should be on ensuring a top two finish now and then look to get to the challenge cup final.

Anything less a disappointment now. Which I would never thought I would ever be saying

I watched all the live games this weekend from super league and it's astonishing how bad the current refs are.

We used to criticise the likes of ganson whereas in reality so much better than today's crop.

James child is appalling and I can't for the life of me understand how they are allowed to get away with it

Castleford were playing a quick passing game yesterday, Leigh had no chance.. rips defences to shreds..

Misdirection and shocking marking by leigh hence the score..

Apparently it takes a lot of work to get no points in Rugby League. So for Leigh to get nil and to get it at home makes it very special.

Apparently it takes a lot of work to get no points in Rugby League. So for Leigh to get nil and to get it at home makes it very special.

Leigh were nilled in their first home match of their first Championship winning season by Broughton Rangers (0-15 on 9 September 1905). Their biggest win was 21-0 at home to Morecambe, but they lost 0-25 away to Broughton Rangers.

Leigh were nilled in their first home match of their first Championship winning season by Broughton Rangers (0-15 on 9 September 1905). Their biggest win was 21-0 at home to Morecambe, but they lost 0-25 away to Broughton Rangers.

Maybe they should have called themselves Leigh Nil instead of Leigh Centurions.

Edited by Underpants

Maybe they should have called themselves Leigh Nil instead of Leigh Centurions.

As well as that home nil, they has nils away in defeats at Warrington, Broughton Rangers, and Huddersfield, plus 0-0 draws at Runcorn and Barrow.