Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Super League Is Back

Big E

Why is it so empty on one side? Genuine question, thought it'd be packed out for this fixture?

Is it really? - like you I thought it would be a sell out, the ground only holds about 8000 anyway doesn't it?

• Site Supporter

Is it really? - like you I thought it would be a sell out, the ground only holds about 8000 anyway doesn't it?

Yeh, one side away from the camera seems to be completely empty when they show stuff from the reverse angle.

I went last year and it was empty then but just presumed it was because that was against London

To get in to the SL doesn't a teams stadium have to adhea to certain requirements? But it does seem remarkable that a RL town like Leigh can't get close to filling their own stadium for this fixture. Elton can fill it.

50 points put on the pie eating bastards. Absolutely brilliant. Turmoil they are in. Brilliant to see them struggle.

Horrible club horrible fans

Well done Leigh

. 7 players back for next week ,see what turmoil were in end of season . Salford fan calling Wigan fans .pot kettle black comes to mind ,Salford are the club that are banning fans for life

Stadium holds 12,000

Stand closed because there's no point forking out the costs to open it when the crowd (7,000+ on a Thursday, live on telly) fits in the other 3 stands (for what it's worth it has been open for three games earlier in the season and will be open for our last home game against Salford)

Standing tickets were £22 which is generally par for the course for Super League games and not expensive when you think how much tickets cost in League One all season

Literally waited a lifetime for us to beat Wigan but to stick 50 past them and then be disappointed at conceding the late tries was beyond surreal.

50 points put on the pie eating bastards. Absolutely brilliant. Turmoil they are in. Brilliant to see them struggle.

Horrible club horrible fans

Well done Leigh

. Just like to get your take on the horrible club horrible fans Like to know why? Listening to koukash tonight about rebranding , what's your views , know was with koukash as a guest at Chester races know he is not happy with attendances Edited by medwaywhite

• Site Supporter

. Just like to get your take on the horrible club horrible fans Like to know why? Listening to koukash tonight about rebranding , what's your views , know was with koukash as a guest at Chester races know he is not happy with attendances

Ignore Escobarp's comment.

His temperament has always been susceptible

I don't watch RL, but my take on pricing is that Leigh are playing at the highest level achievable in the sport.

So you're going to pay top-level prices.

How much to watch a Cat A Premier league game?

How much for a PL football shirt?

On small crowds, revenue has to be maximised.

I'd suggest Leigh fans would have been happy to pay double to see them put 50 past the Munich of rugby.

. Just like to get your take on the horrible club horrible fans Like to know why? Listening to koukash tonight about rebranding , what's your views , know was with koukash as a guest at Chester races know he is not happy with attendances

I was brought up to detest Wigan by my dad who is St helens fan and it's always been there since

Plus at school the only rugby fans at my school were all Wigan fans who were glory hunters and they used to do my head in gloating and every Wigan fan I've met (albeit only a few in real terms) has been the same.

So that's all really mate It's just in my blood. The team I actually detest the most of my own back is Hull KR.

In terms of rebranding it would destroy the club in terms

Of it wouldn't seem like our club anymore the club I used to support from the age of 5 on the terraces at the willows.

But I can understand his point of view koukash. It's a business and I cannot find any reason that attendances haven't gone up this year with the way the team are playing, other than salfords fan base is limited to c3000.

It's not sustainable and it cannot continue. If we want a successful rugby team then the fan numbers must match it from a business perspective.